Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got It Swapped...so Thanks!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Mar 26, 2008.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

It's been a few weeks in the making, with life and all the daily stuff going on ...but today I fired the 235 up after swapping out the old 216, for those who helped guide,advise and comment on what they thought was wrong with my motor, I decided to replace it. working after the kids were in bed at night I pulled the motor/tranny(never done a closed driveline before) installed the '51 trans/bellhousing to the '60 235 used the '60-12v flywheel,clutch,starter, drilled the front plate, re-installed the combo back into my '51 wagon, made carb linkage to work, moved the radiator to clear the fan.and made alternator brackets to fit. I am off this week (spring break) so I did get it to fire up and running smooth. THIS may seem trival to most of you guys... but for the last 20 yrs or so I've been into the vw scene, this experince has taught me alot about older american iron, and how the HAMB has helped... SO THANK YOU.

2. Good for you! Doing it is the best teacher, knowledge is power.-MIKE:cool: