Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got caught by the wife today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by temper_mental, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Just tell her it's okay because this ones for your girlfriend. Then duck.

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Wise words!:D

Nick.

3. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Yeah, Ray - I can see her kicking your ass all over town.

Buy my '29 - mamma needs a Modified!

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Around here if momma is not happy she can find another place to stay,I own the house and all my cars and hate to come off as selfish but I do what I feel like and thats it most of the time. I do give in now and then and work on her stuff if she cant handle it but she does not live with me and might stay that way for awhile due to just starting to get to know her,my present girlfriend knows how to work on cars and since she is used to latemodels I just hand her the tools and let her go as I wont touch them and that gives me plenty of time to tinker with my old junk. If she were to move in and have a problem with me bringing more stuff home she will be gone but since the new one is a motorhead I might keep her around and see what happens.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Reminds me of a story............

There was a farmer that got a mail order bride. He took the horse and buggy into town to meet the train. When the train arrived, he picked up his new wife and put her in the buggy. He climbed in and yelled "Giddy up!", but the horse didn't move. He yelled "Giddy up" again, but still the horse didn't move. The farmer jumped out of the buggy, ran in front of the horse, held up 1 finger and said, "That's one!". He smacked the horse in the face and the horse took off. The farmer jumped in.

When they got to the farm, the farmer yelled "Whoa!" but the horse kept going. He yelled "Whoa!!!" again but the horse wouldn't stop. The farmer jumped out of the buggy, ran in front of the horse and held up 2 fingers. He said, "That's 2!". He smacked the horse in the face and the horse stopped. The farmer took his bride and her luggage out of the buggy and unhitched the horse. The farmer grabbed the reins to lead the horse into the barn but the horse wouldn't budge. He yanked the reins again but the horse refused to move. The farmer held up 3 fingers and said, "That's 3!!!" then he shot the horse.

The bride, seeing the horse was dead, began to yell at her husband about shooting the horse and how they were going to make a living without a horse. The farmer turned to his wife and held up 1 finger and said, "That's 1!".

The first time my wife yelled at me, I told her that story. She never yelled at me again.

6. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I miss my EX too! ( BUT MY AIM IS GETTING BETTER...LOL )

Steve

7. redo32

redo32

My wife still insists that I didn't buy her a '35 Woodie that we saw at Louisville 15 years ago, it was a project & pretty nice & complete. The guy even lived in the NORTHWEST & would have delivered it. If I had even thought she was serious it would be sitting in the pole barn with all the other projects. We've ridden a lot of miles on my touring bike & she just mentioned she saw a bike & sidecar & that might be fun. I just found one I could afford - a project in Seattle. A short 5 hr ride.

8. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

HUSBAND "I'm goin'out to work on my car"
    WIFE "No you're not!You're painting the kitchen"
    HUSBAND "WTF! Here,try on my trousers"
    (Wife tries them on)
    Wife "They're too big,I can't fill them!"
    HUSBAND "Yeah!And don't forget it.There's only one person in this house that wears the trousers ,and that's me!"

WIFE "Here,try on my knickers"
    HUSBAND "I'll never get into those"
    WIFE "You're fuckin' right you won't,and you never will unless you paint that kitchen!"

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think man, THINK!
    Can a car give you sex? Get your priority's straight!!

10. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

My wife wanted an auto trans in the 52, finally a car she was excited about and wanted to drive. so I says allright and set about doin an auto trans, the guy tells me that I can't put an auto behind the 216, allright I'll just put in a smallblock, allright now the it looks like I cant get headers in, so I'll jus put in a must II setup so now my summer ride is in pieces and I'm not gettin any funds from the ol'lady to help, I have to sell all my good stuff to get my car on the road that was fully functional as it was, WTF? that the last time I'll try to cater to her on this stuff. OH well , help a brother out and buy my 31 sedan so I can get my '52 back on the road. Later

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It'll be 40 years the 16th of Aug since the day we got married but the week before I told her "don't ever say me or the car unless you have your bags packed". So far it has worked.
    In that time she has had maybe two cars as daily drivers that weren't project cars when I bought or traded for them. Pick up a nice car that needs mecanical work and fix it and let her drive it has been the norm.

Back when I lived in Texas and was usually working out in the garage every night one of my mother-in-law's church friends popped off and commented that "all you son-in-law ever does is work on those old hotrods of his. My mother-in-law's answer was "at least he is home in the garage and not out sitting on a bar stool or chasing women". The other old gal's son-in-law was famous for hanging out in the bars in Waco and her son who was married to a pretty nifty little gal was pretty well known to chase the gals every time he had a chance and packed a black eye a time or two for chasing after the wrong guy's lady.

My wife figured out real quick when the hotrod was running and driving we went to interesting places a lot of weekend, ate out and often stayed in nice motels and all together had a good time. Now if I could just swing a new car that didn't need work on it all the time for her so I could have time to work on my own rigs.

12. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Get after the merc and put a smile on her face. meanwhile be laying your next build out. Mommas happy life is good. Momma aint happy................

Good luck

13. I like that. I'll have to remember it.

14. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

My good friends called and hooked me up with more parts for my project. The wife is cool about it. I am so happy you have to love good friends.

Attached Files:

15. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

I need to find some friends like that here in Ohio...sweet!

16. Elrod

Elrod

Dang! I was going to ask if that stuff is from Simms, but there is too much V8 stuff in there to be from him! Great score!! Let me know what you need to get rid of. :D

Shoot. I need to come by and hang out for about 30 minutes on my lunch break sometime. I work in Irving.

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I would bet money Mr Sims would not sell me any model A part for sure. He knows what I would do with them :eek:. You are more than welcome to stop by give me a call I will be unloading some of the parts.

18. There's a few of us left that can handle that... but us Southern Belles are a rare breed! :) (Right Amigo?)

This thread makes me laugh cause I was the one who got yelled at for working on the cars... He told me to pick between the cars or him. Needless to say I never even turned off the sawzall. :eek:

19. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

My exwife, well... She's my exwife.

20. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I figured if I am in the dog house might as well keep going.
    Picked up a 289 with a 3 speed for the truck.
    Sent drawings of the front frame rails to the sheet metal shop to be cut out.
    Started the rear frame rails.
    My goal is to stay under 2500 pounds and 2500 dollars. Up to 903 dollars.
    We will see if this will work thought it might be fun to try.

Attached Files:

21. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

More

Attached Files:

22. oldsman71

oldsman71

looks pretty neat, should be a fun ride!!:D

23. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I got lucky as well....recently my wifie broke the tub spigot off inside the wall....when I went to fix it the pipe nipple broke off in the valve....therefore I hadda change the entire valve, spigot and repipe the shower...moral of the story, a 1 hour job took 8.

As I was finishing and preasure testing the system, she walked in....

"Looks good honey....I feel really bad for creating work in the house for ya...how bout I take jace (my son) for the next two days so you can get some work done on the truck uninterupted?"

Me...."Uhhhh 2 for one? hell yeah" (me running to the garage) "You got dibs on the bathroom cleanup"

she's a keeper...

24. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Never, EVER teach a woman to throw a punch. At least once a day it's "did that one hurt? How 'bout that one? I know that was good one...." Damn, they got bony knuckles. It's not the power, it's the placement.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Smart move, assembling all those parts will make more room for the Merc.

26. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

Yeah, and once that puppy is running you'll have lots of room for the Merc!

27. amen!

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Well where else would we hide from them. I prefer the garage to the local bar.Strip club would be a different story.Then my wife would be really pissed.

29. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thought I would post up my progress. And I also picked up some carbs really cheap. Should start fabricating the windshield this week.

Attached Files:

30. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

Exactly what I was thinking!:D