Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a question about model car kits. Kind of O/T!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jeffro, Oct 16, 2003.

1. jeffro

jeffro

I just pick up a crap load of model car kits (upwords of 40 and most of them unopened). The majority of the are old Rolls Royce and Duesenburg kits, and a couple of 'vettes. Anyhow, are their any kind of publication out there to check the value of these? I'm looking for a collectors book/ magazine, much like Bekket is for baseball and football cars.
    thanks

2. I think there is one, but it's a guy who publishes it himself. Just put in "Model Car Value guide" in google.

3. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I just check Egay to see what they are selling at. It doesn't really matter the said value is, just what you will acually get for it. I can't believe how cheap Tamiya kits are on there. </font>

4. Pat Coulter and a partner put one out. I have seen their latest edition at a hobby shop just last month.

Coulter is a master modeler and has many bylines in Scale Auto and Modelcar.

I'll get info for ya. [​IMG]

5. There is a place called Hobby Heaven that sell a lot of old/second hand kits. I think they have a website. Let me check... Yep... www.hobbyheaven.com

You might find what they're selling the kits for or maybe they'd be interested in buying them off you.

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hobby Heaven's site is at:

www.modelcarkits.com

They have their own message board, but be carefull about asking what things are worth there...they like to avoid the $$$ side of discussions there, since it's a store-sponsored site!

Great place to check out cool models and ask questions related to building them, though!!