Register now to get rid of these ads!

got a new 57 ranchero project today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Actually i have been trying to own this for 8 yrs, and finally got it. 57 ford ranchero been sittin since 76 when it was in a bad wreck, front end had frame flatened on right side . I am gonna cut it anyway and do a straight axle, actually a 4 inch dropped tube axle. It alreay has an old 396 and a 4 speed in it and oh yea a real deal 57 ford 9 inch hehe with a posi. no rust in the bed old diamond tuffted interior with silver buttons chromed garnish and ash tray and shag carpet. rear wheel wells have been cut and radiused and no cracks in glass. im really wanting to do it street gasser style for a shop truck... since we do so many gassers here.... had to brag i really like this old ford and it will be cool for me to do a streetable car for a change for myself... and yea the henry j is moving right along still..... I do need the chrome trim for the pass door hint hint sw :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. selohssa

selohssa

That is COOL! do you have more pics that you can share?

3. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

Looks like a good car to start with. The rear wheel wells look pretty good as well.

4. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i will thats it for now , like your avatar for sure :cool:

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

LOVE it!
    I almost...ALMOST, took the front bumper off of mine, you know, just to see what it looked like? And the rest of the direction would have been history!
    I'm keeping mine low, though, since I already have another Gasser-styled project to finish...
    Looking forward to watching this develop!

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very nice ! Cant wait to see the progress .

7. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

man it has solid floors and the wheel wells are done pretty well. the bed is totally rust free. gonna be a easy build im a thinkin:cool:

8. I like them old rancheros, this should be a good looking shop truck when you're done.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Oh Man!!! Straight axle, no front bumper, radius rear wheel wells....................and the grand slam..............a license plate on the rear. This one is definitely going to be neat. Be sure to post pictures of the build.

Frank

10. How high do you plan on raising the front, couple inches over the top of the tires or something freakish ?

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i dont care for mine to be way high, ill use a 4 inch speedway axle and 2x4 tubing frame stubs. will prolly be about 12 inches at the rocker under front of door. raise the rear a couple of inches for 10's and tall cheaters...

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

yep gonna be the first street car i have done for me since 05"' and the black magic 55 street gasser...lookin forward to have one to drive too....no a/c or pwr anything... not for this old man, hehe

13. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Looks like a great start.

14. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

15. okiewelder

okiewelder
    from central Ok

WOW, that is nice!! I wish my Ranchero looked that nice. Mine looks like it was in the bottom of a pond for the last 30 years with a bunch of angry catfish beating on it with baseball bats.
    Your Henry looks nice too. I have a good friend from Lawton that has been cruizing a Henry for 25 years or so.

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I know the car, I was a snap on dealer there yrs ago....kool car:cool:

17. okiewelder

okiewelder
    from central Ok

Yea his Henry is a cool car. I have been welding on it for years. He has been running a 351w for about 200k. He is the person in my life that has helped me stay a hot rod person over the years with kids and wifes.

18. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Great score ! Looks like a good start .
    Keep the pics coming !

Retro Jim

19. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

yep ford guy, didnt the wife actually drive it more than he did...and i think he had some doins on a 59 lark wagon also...

20. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Wow for a "mature citizen" like me you sure do keep busy. But the ranchero looks like a great project.

21. Frankenstein57

Frankenstein57

Nice find, I have a 57 ranchero project car and a 58 ranchero almost done. Checkout 57 fordsforever.com lots of good folks, tech help, parts. Mark

22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks mark i did neat site.....sam

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great vehicle to start with. I've always been a fan of Rancheros and El Caminos. I was lucky to purchase a '59 El camino in May that I've been trying to buy from a buddy for the past 25 years.......Mike

24. Im sorry to drag up an old thread, but do you have anymore pictures of this?