Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys DES MOINES - Another RECORD YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 10, 2012.

1. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Kirk and fellow HAMBERS,

Thanks for all of the nice comments on "the green merc". It was built in what I believed was true HAMB style or at least my interpretation of it. I built the car at home and had quite a bit of feedback from slddnmatt, highboy32 among others. I took some styling tips from some of the pictures I have seen here on the HAMB as well. I should point out that I purchased several of the parts on the car from the HAMB classifieds. The hubcaps were bought by my Dad when I was 11-12 years old from a swap meet and the grill was my best friends (was in his 57 Ranch Wagon) when we were kids (now 43). I should point out that when I was building the car or any of the cars I have built it always seems that Des Moines GG is always my target completion goal. When I need motivation I often times think of driving down that main strip for the first time soaking in the atmosphere. My family and I have been going for nearly 20 years and treat it as a mini vacation. Once again thanks for the positive feedback, that car was a ton of work and really took a lot out of me. By the way the car is my Wifes car so she can follow me to the shows we attend with our kids. If you see us on the road or at an event please stop by and say hello.

Thanks for the pics Kirk some of the best I have seen.

dolsen37
    Dan Olsen

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

You and your Dad lift South Omaha Danny. The Mercury is out of the park.

3. haychrishay

haychrishay

The merc was deffinately well done !!!

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Kick ass pix. Thanks.

PACO

5. Bull

Bull

Thanks for catching my roadster on film. The Suede & Chrome award looks nice on the mantel now too. My friends now call me "Trophy Hunter" too. ;)

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ha ha! I still dig the hell out of it!

7. Jay71

Jay71

dolsen37, that Merc is unbelieveable! Stopped me in my tracks when I was looking at the pics. I couldnt stop staring at it. Definately the coolest Merc I've seen come out in years. Congrats! Hopefully I'll get to see it in person some day.

8. 32highboy54

32highboy54
    from southport

You took some great pictures

9. tofords

tofords

some nice rides up there!!!!!

10. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great pics Kirk? Thanks for sharing.

11. thedreamer

thedreamer

1935 Miller Ford. Owned by a great friend of mine named Steve Sullivan. It has a stroked and poked Merc flathead and I believe the tranny is a C4. He drives that car everywhere and it looks awesome while he is wearing vintange looking goggles. He owns a machine shop locally and I worked for him in college. Super nice guy that knows how to have fun.