Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Columbus need help trailer broke a spring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by apound, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apound

apound

We just got to Columbus and realized that last pothole broke a spring on the trailer. I'm not sure but think they are 5000 lb axles (5 lug wheels). Any trailer shops in the area where I can score a new spring so I can make it home to Texas Sunday? Please don't flog me for not driving the car. Thanks, Alan

2. 61falcon

61falcon

http://www.ohiotrailer.com/

they are only a couple miles from the expo center. never used them, they came up first on a google search.

3. apound

apound

thanks, I'll try them in the morning.

4. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

Hope you get it fixed ,What was on the trailer i would like to check it out saturday!!

5. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

STAR trailer on West Broad St.
    Nice guys fair prices.

6. handyandy289

handyandy289
    from Georgia

Check for a Northern Tool in the area. They have a good supply of springs in inventory.

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2 for a picture of what was on the trailer.

Frank

8. apound

apound

Took the trailer to them this morning. Tommy at Ohio Trailer was very helpfull and put us in front of another job so we could get back to the fairgrounds. Price was reasonable as well. Great guys. Thanks for the tip. As for the car on the trailer it is a non HAMB friendly 68 Camaro so I'll spare yall the photos of it. Thanks again!

9. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Pfffffttt

The HAMB's been going downhill since Buddy Holly died....

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For your info---5 lug axles are mainly rated 3500 lbs---All the way down to 1500 lbs.

11. apound

apound

that was the beer talking. I knew better when I thought about it.

12. hemifarris

hemifarris

With 450 posts I feel he knows exactly what HAMB is all about. He needed help with his trailer, not his non HAMB friendly car, which he would not post photos of.

What he did was textbook use of HAMB. If I were more than 1,000 miles from home with a downed car trailer and needed to be home by Sunday, the HAMB would be my FIRST call out for help. He asked for help at 6:13 on Thursday afternoon, got a recommendation in the very first response 15 minutes later and had his trailer repaired the next morning.

If that's not what HAMB is about, then I don't know what is. It was great of '61 Falcon to step up suggesting a great company to work with..........just my opinion

13. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Well put. Bravo.

14. rebelrat

rebelrat

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

use your NSRA Fellow Pages

16. I would really rather use the HAMB, but thanks for the suggestion.

17. 61falcon

61falcon

glad it all worked out. it was a long shot suggesting a company i never dealt with.

18. Hell, if my late model was broken down while I was out of town, I'd check here to find a decent shop to go to..................

19. voodoo1

voodoo1

Well said. BUT, the trend on here lately seems to be flaming people on the questions that may be O/T to someone. I believe that the H.A.M.B was started by someone who intended to help people with problems that they had. People just can't let stuff go and have to add their 2 cents just because they have to bitch how someones o/t problem doesn't belong here.
    I have said it before there are a ton of great people here that love to help. But there is also the few that have to show their dark side because they can't leave the post alone.

20. voodoo1

voodoo1

Well said. BUT, the trend on here lately seems to be flaming people on the questions that may be O/T to someone. I believe that the H.A.M.B was started by someone who intended to help people with problems that they had. People just can't let stuff go and have to add their 2 cents just because they have to bitch how someones o/t problem doesn't belong here.
    I have said it before there are a ton of great people here that love to help. But there is also the few that have to show their dark side because they can't leave the post alone.

21. apound

apound

Well guys it just keeps getting better. Woke up this morning and the Camaro was gone from the hotel parking lot. Last seen 11PM and gone at 5 this morning.Columbus PD are looking so I hope it turns up. I guess I have an open trailer if anyone needs anything taken to Texas.

22. You've got to be kidding !!! ................................. I hope

23. Mart

Mart

Wow this just took a turn for the worse.

Maybe now would be a time to post a pic so people can keep their eyes open.

Mart.

24. I would agree. Start a new thread with all info. I believe alot of members are in the Columbus area.

25. 61falcon

61falcon

unbeleivable the bad luck you have had this weekend. sorry to hear about your car. I'm hoping the police can find it for you. wish i could google it and find it as easy as i found that trailer repair shop for you. good luck and i hope your trip home is a safe one.

i would like to a see a picture of the car for ID purposes incase it appears somewhere, maybe someone will spot it and call the police. i hope its ok with the O/T police to try and help this guy out. also, there is a website called yellowbullet. alot of traffic on that site and they always lookout for fellow car guys and have actually found a stolen car or 2.

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

this sucks,start another thread w/pics

27. voodoo1

voodoo1

Yup, start a thread with a pic.

28. apound

apound

i cant post a picture right now as we are driving and not sure how to from my phone. that said its not at all a HAMB friendly car. a buddy put it on goodguys facebook page and you can see it there. this is a long quiet 16 hour drive today

29. Keep us current on any news please. Good luck and yes, I don't doubt it's a quiet drive.

30. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Need a picture or description,This is what happened to us,we stayed Friday nite Grove City nice part of town right?Stayed right next door to Cracker Barrel so we walked next door for some dinner when we came out some one smashed and grabbed a guys side window and made off with GPS and cell phone right there with all kinds of people.Couldnt sleep for crap knowing this smasher was hanging around our hotel and our cars were in the lot. SUCKS!!!!!!! Thevin BasTards Where and Whats it take for people to just treat people right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.