Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good price for a Supercharger?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Galet, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Bob Galet

Bob Galet

I was thinking about buying this 6-71 for around $200. Needs to be converted to gas from diesel. What do you guys think?

235f_1.jpg

2224_1_b.jpg

2281_1.jpg

2. lolife

lolife

I guess it's a good deal if you know how to rebuild it. Personally, I'd go for a blower allready rebuilt and ready to bolt-on.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One or two hundred for a good core is the going rate.

The trick is...you have to know what is a good core. Lots of stuff to look for, some of which you can't see till you take it apart.

You can take a chance and hope that it is servicable, or you can buy a core from a blower rebuilder, or you can buy a brand new blower from Weiand, Dyers, BDS, etc.

I got mine from Rick Dean and I DEFINATELY recommend him. $875 for a fully rebuilt, ready to run blower shipped to my door. He supplied the core.

Here is the same picture I have been posting for almost a month...

-Abone.

[​IMG]

4. lolife

lolife

Now that's a good deal.

I have a blower that is like the $200 deal there. The case still has the do-hickey's that need to be machined off on the base. It is complete, and I got it for free, and it weighs a ton. Basically it is for mockup or future core.

5. Hey Abone, got a picture of your rear bearing plate?