Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Morning From The Showdown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, May 19, 2007.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Another big thanks to Larry, Kim, and the gang for doing the show. Most fun I've had all year! Great music, cars, and burritos. Met up with a lot of good folks. Clark, SUHRsc, 46mopar, Rocco, among others. I still managed to not run into the one guy I had planned to, Sawzall. I'll catch you sooner or later, man. One day just isn't enough time. Somehow I managed to be the only dumbass walking around drinking out of glass bottles, doh!!:( I missed that in the rules, sorry, won't happen again. The 2.5 hour trip was the maiden voyage of my '34 and the first time I've driven it for more than a few minutes. She ran like a raped ape the whole way there, during, and back. Except coming over that little bridge. I hit it so hard it stalled the truck. I got a lot of funny looks on the way home before I stopped at a carwash... I'm still picking mud out of my left eye.:D Thanks again for a great time!!

2. Now for those of you that don't know it, BobK is my mentor, I have always worshiped the ground he drives on,,,, but now after seeing him attack the track at Latimore with such a vengance I bow to him once again!

Looks like a great time, Larry you rock dude, definatly my loss this year.

And Spike, just think of being spared the Duck and Roll to save your life this year;) :D

3. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

Wow, another great showdown! Thanks Larry, Kim, and the all of the S0-What folks for this get together. Congrats to BigDanF4i on winning the raffle for the Bomber Seats! I hope we were able to make a ton of $ for the mesuem. Hey Clark, you sure looked a lot less muddy at 5 pm than you did at 4 in the afternoon, You gotta love a car show that requires a shower AFTER its over!! I sure hope someone else can win the "gotta get pulled out of the frontstreach mud puddle by the tractor" award next year! Scott (the Va Beach Kid Model A coupe -- the other Scott in our group) gott a little too for left going into the "pit", and stalled it out. A little jump start and he was good to go!

4. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Great pic's, looks like fun...good to see there are a few guys that aren't afraid to get 'em dirty.

5. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

got a pic or two of him in the hole, i posted one here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183593

6. Damn I miss you guys this year. I'll be back in 2008.

Bob, I'm proud of you for taking her in the mud, nice work.
    TZ

7. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

We need something like this on the west coast.

Good to see you having fun, and tearing it up.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]I can't believe I wasn't there this year[​IMG]

I really, really missed you guys and thought about you the whole day Saturday.

9. Clark

Clark

Roadstar...I wanta grow up to be just like Bob too!!

Scott...I think Paxton enjoyed pulling him out of the mud and his parade lap towing him.

Bob....great time as usual!!!!! You gonna need any Fruity Pebbles?
    Clark

10. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

BigDanF4i, Good pics, post more if you get time......There was a 37 chevy pickup there full fendered by any chance do you have a shot of it.......Thanks

11. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

No I don't, sorry. I think I see the one you want in th backround of a pic i Have, watch my thread of pics, I'll put that one in there

12. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

You were missed sweetie! There were a lot of smiles all day but none like yours..........:D

13. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Hey Bob always a pleasure talking with you and meeting Maggie( I hope she gets better real soon) I just can't understand how she puts up with you... just kidding. did we have fun or what.....

14. Skimmer

Skimmer

Looks bloody great......................

15. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

it was a super blast! aside from andys car burnin down and justins breakin down. but the deadbeaters had fun. id like to thank larry and the whole crew for puttin on yet another great effin show!!! maybe the caddy will make it next time so you guys had to deal with the chebby this year........

and here is where the ladys came from!!!
    [​IMG]

16. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

more pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHOS THIS GUY????
    [​IMG]