Register now to get rid of these ads!

good chrome shop in Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3x2rocket, Sep 24, 2008.

1. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

I have a set of headers that need a little fixin' anybody know a good chrome shop in socal/ L.A. area?

2. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Talk to Bob Barnes at Vernes Chrome in Gardena. They are not cheap but do nice work. 323-754-4126

3. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

Good chrome and cheap are too concepts that I have found to be incompatable with each other. don't know any LA shops, but tend to use the expensive Seattle places with excellent results.

4. Used headers can be a problem. The carbon build up inside raises hell with the solution in the tanks, and most shops don't like to mess with them.

5. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

Thanks for the tips and #. I'm not even sure if I want to re-chrome them I kinda like how blued chrome looks, but they do need some minor welding. The tubes are very solid except for one rust spot where water must have sat inside while stored, maybe i should just take em' to a good welder so if anybody knows one it'd be much appreciated.

6. 61Flattop

61Flattop
    from Indiana

Not sure about L.A. but i have used Sherm's Custom Plating in Sac back when I built a custom Softtail ( who freakin didnt ) in the Mid 90's and they do an EXCELLENT job http://www.shermsplating.com/

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Any muffler shop could weld them up. I use Supreme Mufflers in Lomita. There's also Speedway in Gardena. If you have them chromed again, an old trick was to coat the insides with grease. It protected the chrome and kept it from bluing.

8. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

+1 for Vernes. They're top-notch and Bob is a great guy. I can vouch for the quality of their work. Also, five cars at the last Pebble Beach show were using his chrome work exclusively.

9. Stay as far away from Bumper Boyz as possible!! They have a bad rap for switching parts.