Register now to get rid of these ads!

good carb shop in the Del Mar area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreggAz, Jun 16, 2009.

1. GreggAz

GreggAz

a Friend is relocating to Del Mar for work, and we did not have time to sort out some issues on his T. He is gonna need a shop in the area that he can trust to go through his carb. Anybody have any recommendations?

2. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Del Mar, California?

3. 52style

52style

take it to the dyno shop in santee ca the dyno shop is actually the name of it

there the best in the area theyll tear it down and rebush it right and then dial it in on the dyno expensive but well worth it not in del mar but about 30 minutes away

4. GreggAz

GreggAz

sorry, ya California.

Ill put the dyno shop on the list. Thanks

5. Justin B

Justin B

bob's carbs behind smokeys machine on coast highway in oceanside. he's been doing it for years, there's stock piles of cores and parts carbs in the back incase something is missing or messed up on one of your friends carbs. he seems to really enjoy doing multi carb setups, is priced very competitively, and actually charges what he quotes, no surprises when you go to pick it up. he's done several for me and tons more for friends and everyone is always very satisfied with his work.

6. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

mech tech motorsports did my dual weber 45dcoe's in escondido on the dyno as well, charged like 80 bucks total. thats about 1/2 hour away as well in the opposite direction.

7. Get ahold of Rick Walker!! El Cajon, Ca. You can get his phone number through Hughes Automotive, El Cajon ca.
    Fuzzy

8. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

If anyone can recommend one for the Los Angeles area, I'd appreciate that. I have a Ford 2100 on a '59 Edsel with a 292.

9. '59Edsel

'59Edsel