Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good bye Flaty, HELLO Caddy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CheatersPete, Mar 30, 2015.

1. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Thanks ;-), very happy with the upgrade ;-)

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Pete...Still recall the massive torque difference in the Cad over the flathead...
    My '32 Five window's 304 flattie was extreme, real fast torque, brutal H.P. to 5,500 RPM, then dead. (like a built-in governor!)
    But its limited RPM handicapped it in a narrow window of Zephyr gears, and 4.11s. Fastest thing alive for a city block... LOL
    So the next obvious thing was Cad power, as I worked at the Cadillac dealer then.
    Stock 331 was an easy swap, (in those days) the stock Caddy had torque that allowed 2nd gear starts, it felt like the car was pulling you through the seat.
    I ended up with a 365 later, Racer Brown cam, McGurk intake, and lots of incorrect combinations. :D
    But it was 'the RIGHT thing to do.'
    Nice work on the roadster, engine mounts very straight forward. Nice research on that 'flat front fan'...

3. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Thanks
    You may be able to give me the right direction with the rebuilt I plan for next winter, what do you recommand in term if cam'? 270h from Isky sounds good to me... but I like schneider...142h sounds good too....

The blow by is bad i think I will have to go with a full rebuilt...

4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Congratulations on your acquisition of the Caddy, you went from a damn cool hotrod to a cooler hotrod with that swap! :cool:

5. LKR

LKR
    from Australia

Really nice!

6. dad-bud

dad-bud

Great choice to fit the Caddy in your great looking roadster.
    Thanks for sharing.