Register now to get rid of these ads!

good books on trad hot rodding/customs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greaser_Kat13, May 25, 2012.

1. Greaser_Kat13

Greaser_Kat13

I will be going on a 13 hr train ride tomorrow and wanted to down-load some good books on trad hot rodding/customs/history... i searched the forums and really could not find much. Your input would greatly be appreciated. I really hope i get some good responses, if not there"s always the lounge car that would kill some time... hahaha.

2. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Don't know about 'downloads', but the Rodder's Journal is a good option.

3. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Go buy "The birth of Hotrodding" by Dean Batchelor or any of Don Mongomery's books.

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

The *Good* books on Traditional rodding and customizing cost money.......doubt that you can download them.......do what Bubba67 said.....*buy*....

CB

5. Greaser_Kat13

Greaser_Kat13

thanks alot for your input... found one today while i was out running around.

6. aircap

aircap

Anything by Albert Drake.

7. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Henry Gregor Felson, wrote great hot rod novels in the '50s, most of em with compelling teen protagonists defying the odds and being the underdog.

8. slammed

slammed

Pat Gahnal is photog/historian deluxe! Google his name for book's. They are loaded with pic's.

9. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

For years HAMB'er 40StudeDude (Roger Jetter to the Outside World) had a weekly Thursday Night Read post, in which he posted GREAT hot rodding stories, memoirs, etc. He's got a handful of books in print, check out his site, www.RAJetter.com. And may sound chiche, but Stephen King's early work "Christine" is a great novel about an outsider finding new life and revenge with a '57 Plymouth (got me interested in cars as a teen).