Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gold Chain Me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 23, 2003.

1. John- one thing you are not is a POSUER, you would be very welcome at POSEURPROOF, but if you start to go "rockariffic" and "pompalicious" we have a problem! Like the C-Dan. Is it gong lower in the back? What cha hawkin' in the picture?

2. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

HEY JIMA: Is it too late for me to start up the anti-POSEURPROOF. If not I'd like to get right on it. If it is a success I'll give you the first rights on doing the aint-anti-POSEURPROOF and we can keep going on like this until there aer so many Antis on the flier that we'll have to resort to doing like anti to the 12th power-POSEURPROOF . If we make enough money we can all buy fat gold chains and pretend that we're vanilla ice for a day!

3. yeah its going lower but a guy wants to do a photo shoot on it first on how I turned a stocker into a rod on a budjet in one week for some antique A mag I think ?? As for the stuff I am building quite a reputation in the Bay area as a rolling swap meet!! the guys in pleasanthill at howies even supplie me with blue tarps in the shade spot LOL!! Oh thats vodanno in the back ground he came down from portland

4. OK Courtney, but only if you swear Jesse James is your hero! I know you collected all that dirt on him cause you think he's dreamy [​IMG]
    Anti-Anti-Anti? You think we could make money that way? Shhsshhh! Don't tell anyone we plan on making a living at this- just tell them we are ANTI and show them where to shove the money! Should take a while before they catch on, and before they realize that after we let this thing grow to it's full potential and we clog up all the fun which happens after a little grass roots deal fully matures (right Kirk?) they will basically be attending a GREEDYGUYS event, just that it will be under the anti banner. Screw it! I'm thinking of going TOTALLY ANTI and having a completely FREE event (with a minor processing fee ($200) for all applications. Sound good?

5. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like the real deal! Not like all of those non-poseur shows out there! The Poseur shows are holding it down for the working man, you know guys who work for their beer money. Not like all of those other shows that pick the pockets of all of those non-working fat cats. And we can have the anti-pro's pick where we can find some guy that doesn't really know anything about cars come in and tell us which car he likes best - then we'll just keep it a secret and not tell anybody - because giving people awards for hard work on their cars is what all of those "other" shows do. Man, we're gunna be way more punk than anybody else!

6. hatch

hatch
    from house

Will there be anti-safety inspection teams attending??? I want my "Deathrod 23" window sticker.

7. dude, John... I saw your A-bone there but didn't put two and two together to come by and say "HI"... did you check out the finished product that you helped us on???

The A is definately low-budgety cool!

JimA, the truck looks titts, that's kinda the look I'm after with my A-bone... with that size tire... bring it by when you get it to town.
    Sam.

8. yeah it made me proud to see it I told a guy I bent those spindles that felt damb good I didnt see you till you flew by out the gate that was the shit man wish i was at the hamb drags I am going to bakersfield will probably trailer the A I dont want to take 3 days to get there but I am sure it would make it

9. Sam, I'm not sure about the tire size but I would assume that they are a 235 on an 8-inch rim. That's what all my friends have used for years to get that look.

10. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

JimA,Why do you care what I or anyone else thinks of your possable new truck.Do you like it?Do you like it enough to buy it?THATS all that matters.

11. JimA

I Dig the new ride!

I built a 29 Pickup when I was seventeen with a 327. Kind of late 70's streetrod, But the guy that bought it from me didn't touch a thing until 98' when he got rid of the Aluminum wheels and put some steel wheels on it with V8 hubcaps and trim rings. [​IMG]

Shit the truck looked Awesome..., wanted to buy it back but the (X)wife freaked. [​IMG]

Great Score! [​IMG]

Mark

12. Glen

Glen

Reminds me of Jon Gobetti's old truck.

[​IMG]

13. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Jim, I like it, but like a lot of other guys, I'd add some chrome.

Actually, I'd add as much Deluxe model chrome as I could. Bumpers front and rear, door handles (look like they're chrome already), handle bezels, front and rear light bezels, front light bar, front grille, windshield frame, etc...

I'd paint the rear taillight stands black. I'd modify the bumper irons to lower the front bumper if it doesn't look low enough. I'd consider adding rubber to the running boards too.

As far as JimA predicting future trends, I believe that he said the seventies retro style, Early Times style cars were going to be coming back in style a few years ago.

Oh, a keep the Halibrands. They look good with the orange paint. Not everyone should run Buick wires.

[​IMG]

14. SON OF A BITCH!!! I never thought I'd see one of my MOST favorite Model A's of all time on the HAMB! I have a ton of pictures of that car (as well as every other car ever in the Early Times). That is what I am building for myself, except mine will be a Tudor version of THAT car! That's the baddest stance ever given to a 29 Model A. Got all the tricks from all the Early Timers years ago. My dad's a member too. Yeah, I don't care if it ever comes back mainstream, but the clean looks and badass sneaky stance of the Early Times cars will always be my FAVORITE! Thanks Modernbeat.

Just noticed that this is my 1966th post, my favorite number from the year I was born! Stupid trivia.

15. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Jim, you have other shots of THAT car?

I NEED them! That's the next project. I've got a lot of the parts collecting done, but I promised myself that I'll finish the modified before I start on the next one.

And yep, I think the Early Times style cars will be back in favor. Good stance, simple but clean paint, leave the crazy stuff alone, and the signature Skylark wires. If you were into Volkswagens you'd recognize that as the formula for Cal-Look VWs which were built around the same time and place that the Early Times guys were doing their thing with early Fords. Must have been something in the water...

Seriously, what will it take to get photos or color copies...

16. I'm in the middle of a hectic travel schedule and my Early Times stuff is all packed up in another part of the state. Any questions I can answer in the mean time please feel free to ask. That car still exist exactly like that in San Diego. Fat Jack was responsible for the build, and NO ONE built them lower than him. Early Times cars were fast too! No "foo foo" cars allowed, they set the standard for many years. I get what you are saying- there are some heavy simularities to DKP. I myself am a big fan of both.

17. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

I've got a TON-O-Questions about the car from suspension, to axles, to brakes and steering setup.

In my own version I had planned on running a Winters quickchange with 3/4 ton bells, a 4 speed, Buick brakes with Wilson Welding Lincoln backing plates, cross steering, and I've been looking for a decent steering wheel. Probally a reverse dished Model T wheel, though I might change my mind If I could see what that car is running. I had planned on modifying a TCI chassis that was setup for a cross-spring and hairpins up front, Pete and Jake bars out back with coilovers. I was originally gonna run a SBC that was hot-hot-hot, but I'm thinking about running a Ford 460 after seeing one installed in a '29 roadster at Bonneville. I've already got the Ford trans too.

That shot is my favorite fendered roadster. My second is the red '28 that Larry Braga built for Danny Zank in the late '80s. Lots of subtle mods that improve the good looks of the Ford body. Larry stripped off too much of the chrome for my taste but you have to remember what the style was at the time and consider that Larry did well keeping as much of his own style while others were jumping on the billet smoothie bandwagon. For those of you not familar with the car, pull out StreetRodder June '91 or TRJ #7.

Back to your's Jim, I'd ditch the fake Caddy aircleaner and black alternator for a chrome alternator and a Repop louvered chrome Pontiac air cleaner. Mabey chrome the door hinges too.

18. Don't get carried away, this truck is for RESALE. My Tudor will have all the trick E.T. correct pieces. '57 Corvette dual quad engine, Muncie 4-speed, narrowed '50 Olds rear with Corvair coils around chrome shocks- a "coilover" from before coilovers, black naugahyde upholstery, Buick wires (135 & 235 Michelins)and brakes, stock '28 lights with fluted lenses on a '27 T bar, '28 taillight, a big ass Moto-Meter and wings, front bumper and boards hugging the ground, oh yeah!
    That car had an interior I didn't like (tan vinyl with cordouroy inserts and a LeCarra wheel before they were "standard"). It also ran a bitchin' Ford small block with Cobra valve covers and 4 big Webers (suprisingly the car was never featured in a mag!). I passed up an original EMPI wood rimmed steering wheel for 40 bucks last weekend and I kick myself now.

19. My favorite Larry Braga car is the less famous orange '29 Roadster that sits on the deck on 4 & 10 inch Halibrands and is punched FULL of louvers in the hood, splash aprons and decklid. It was awesome- he was a good friend of the Early Timers.

20. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

hey jim, you should give TITUS the camera and you do the writing!!!
    nic
    p.s. would my wife and i be able to set up our 'TIME OUT DOLLS' table at poseurproof? they come with BARBED WIRE WALLET CHAINS, TIGER ARMY SHIRTS, and MESHBACK INDEPENDENT TRUCKS HAT (backwards) what would you charge for a vendors table?

21. Alfster

Alfster

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'd roll it. looks nice.

23. [ QUOTE ]
    hey jim, you should give TITUS the camera and you do the writing!!!
    nic
    p.s. would my wife and i be able to set up our 'TIME OUT DOLLS' table at poseurproof? they come with BARBED WIRE WALLET CHAINS, TIGER ARMY SHIRTS, and MESHBACK INDEPENDENT TRUCKS HAT (backwards) what would you charge for a vendors table?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You don't like my pictures? [​IMG] I have at least 1 (sometimes a lot more) HAMB approved (tm) car on every spread. Also I write about 20 times more per magazine than the 650 words Titus tosses in with his column. I wish I could give every HAMBer a look to decide wether they love it or hate it- OK- as a matter a fact, the first 10 addresses I get e-mailed to me I will send them the latest issue (please don't send your address if you already get it). HAMBsters should really enjoy the upcoming Columbus issue that comes out next week, lots of HAMBers and HAMB style cars in that issue.

Vendor space at POSEURPROOF has not been determined but I really like your product, can you send a sample? [​IMG]

24. Kommuter

Kommuter

JimA -

Sent you an e-mail. Don't know if I made the first 10, but it was worth a shot! Thanks for the offer.

25. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

not dissin' your pics bro! just complimenting your writing!!! got more of a hoot than i do c.t.'s writing...
    nic

26. I know Nic, I'm just kinda proud of a few of my pictures- and I don't think "our boy" could do better- not with the kind of cars I like any way. [​IMG]

27. badpat

badpat

send a chain my way, after rebuilding the carbs on my tripower, the car was drivable, but had it's problems...- stallin at lights sometimes...i meesed with it as best i could, but could not get it quite right..- i broke down today- took it to kerrisdale speed, left it with them- 4 hours labor, some jets and a few other pieces- man it runs nice now- should i go with a tennis bracelet or a subtle anklet?

28. Hey Jim... do you have to be able to strike a pose in order to attend Posuerproof???

Kinda like this??!!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. Sam you the man ROFL