Register now to get rid of these ads!

going to vegas for sema show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GrouchySS, Oct 23, 2010.

1. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

Iam going to Las vegas for the sema show can any one tell me of any thing car related to see besides socal speed shop .

2. I'm also going. This will be my first trip. From what I have been told you can not see all of SEMA if you go all day every day it is on. Even so, I'd be interested in knowing about the alternatives just in case I get through early.

3. Buzznut

Buzznut

This will be the first year I've missed in the last 4...I'm bummed. I've been 6 times in the last 10 years...great time!

4. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

I have been going to sema for 14 years and still can not get over how big it is take good walking shoes.

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

Take 2 different pairs of walking shoes!
    Trucks and tires 2nd floor of the South hall, Wheels and Mopar 1st floor.
    North hall has electronics, tools and bling.
    Main hall is hot rod and HP mainly, along with Ford and GM.
    Grab a small map and dig in!
    HAMB meet Tue night at the Hilton just North of the convention center.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513585&showall=1

6. I've been a few times, it is huge, a lot to take in. As stated above, bring comfortable walking shoes. If you go every day for eight hours a day, you might see all of it, depending on how thorough you are. Worth going to.

7. CrazyHorseFlames

CrazyHorseFlames
    from Waxhaw, NC

There's a few good speed shops in Vegas, Kount's Customs being one of them. Check out the Monday night party at Hogs and Hiefers. There's a post about it here, just do a search for SEMA and you'll see it. Many of the locals show up there with their cool stuff. I know many of these guys and they are very friendly. They'll tell you all about the interesting car stuff in Vegas, what, where, and such. And its great way to start the week.
    And do not sleep late! Start your day early as there is a ton of stuff to see. Check out the SEMA website for what's going on and make a plan of happenings at SEMA you might want to see. The days and those 4 days fly by.

8. You will love the SEMA show, It is awesome. I have been there quite afew times over the years. I WILL be there next year!

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

One good visit is the Imperial Palace car collection, inside the IP. Cheap to go in, I think $2 or $3. I haven't been for a few years, but we'll hit it this year. Plus, if you're staying through to Saturday, the short track at LVMS is having a huge season-ending race, 200 lap late model show.