Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goddamit!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrie, Aug 11, 2006.

1. So I've been working my ass off trying to get my coupe ready for the Messaround tommorow. I'd hardly touched the thing sice BTTF's in June and I realized if I don't get going the summer's going the be over before I know it. I brought it to the shop where I work last Tuesday with some help from the club and I've been staying till at least 8:30 every night. With a 1hr commute each way, a starting time of 6am, and a fiance to "spend quality time with," I haven't been getting my full 7hrs in each night.
    "A small price to pay to get my car on the road," I tell myself. I'd wittled my way down my "to do" list till there was only a few items to fabricate and to get the damn thing running left. A friend of mine came over to help me, he's a better mechanic than I am.
    I started working on it at 8am today and buy 10:30pm all that was left was to wire the guages and start the car. It's a brand new engine so we would need to break it in.
    We fill the transmission.
    We fill the engine.
    We fill the cooling system...FUCK!
    There's a leak right in the middle of my radiator. I started with a brand new core so I wouldn't have to deal with this shit. It's aluminum and I can't weld aluminum very well so a coworker did it for me. His welds are tight as a drum. The leak is right in the middle of the brand new core. No marks, no bent fins, just a steady stream of coolant pooring onto the shop floor.
    It's late.
    I'm tired.
    I'm so broke I couldn't get out of site if it cost a nickle to go around the world.
    I catch another bug for my nephew's colection and gas it... I feel a little better.
    I call it a night.
    Maybe next time.

2. koachwerks

koachwerks

Sorry to hear about the problems Norrie. Maybe/hopefully you'll have it running in time for the Hot Rod Barbeque.

Did you get the postcard yet?

Chris

3. No card yet. As for the coupe, the fight ain't over...

4. I've come to think that being shit upon by my car is the essence of hot rodding......and why I refuse to let it win!

"No card yet. As for the coupe, the fight ain't over..."

Good attitude, Norrie, don't let that F*&^er win!!