Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gnrs accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by padorey, Jan 27, 2009.

1. padorey

padorey

Sunday night in the trailer lot (gate 17) a lady was run over by a vehicle backing up into an open car trailer. I believe she was pinned under the tow vehicle. Does anyone know the fate of this lady? Seeing it happen put a real damper on my weekend.
    My prayers go out to those involved. I believe they have a black 32 Ford coupe with flames.

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Apparently it was her husband that hit her. He was backing up his SUV and hit the gas accidentally hitting his coupe, trailer and wife. She was airlifted out, but I have not heard her condition.

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Exactly why I pound it into my kid's head that he is to never, ever, EVER get between truck and trailer when backing up. Then again, I also refuse to move the vehicle until I can see him clearly in the rear view mirror.

I hope she's okay.

-Brad

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very sorry to hear about this. Hope to hear an update...

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very sad news. Pray shes ok .

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That poor guy must be in shambles.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

prayers for the family!

8. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

My prayers go out to this family.

9. The Rod owner involved in the incident was a guy named Jack Parker from Northern California. Apparently his foot slipped off the brake pedal onto the accelerator as he was turning around to back up the tow vehicle. His wife Carmen is still in stable condition at LA County Hospital and will transfer to Kaiser near Woodland Hills in the next several days. She suffered a broken shoulder, cracked pelvic bone and minor head injuries and abrasions. She is expected to fully recover from her injuries.
    Pomona P.D. investigated for vehicle malfunctions and or alcohol (standard procedure in this type of incident, not due to any allegations) and found no reason to hold the vehicles or Jack and has released the vehicles. He has picked up the trailer and is on his way back to the Bay Area

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Jack: "Is that a new fur coat Carmen"

Carmen: "Why yes it is, do you like it?"

Jack: "I do, but...."

Carmen: : "Remember last month when you ran me over?"

Poor Jack :D

Seriously though, glad to hear she's going to be OK.

12. I am glad to hear that she will recover for both of their sakes. It must have been devastating for him to have that happen, as well as her.
    Crazy!

13. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

carmen and jack,
    you are in our prayers.
    dan

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Wow, Jack's screwed :D At least she's allright...

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Considering how distraught I heard he was at the scene, a truckload of furs would be do-able, as long as she came through alright....good to hear she should be fine!!

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Glad to hear she's doing okay, but I feel bad for Jack and what he's going to have to put up with for the rest of his life. :D

(I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way!)

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yeah. Jack is screwed!!!!

Seriously, glad to hear that she is recovering.

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack and Carmen, here's hoping you both recover completely from what could have obviously had a very tragic outcome.

19. I know if that was me my wife would be saying "that's OK honey, accidents happen", while patting me on the head with a CROWBAR.

20. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Jack needs to let Carmen drive...
    Glad she is ok

21. padorey

padorey

Thanks for the up date. I am sure it will take some time for them to recover.
    I wish them both a speedy recovery. Cars and trailers can be repaired. People need to mend. Time heals all wounds.

22. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Carmen is not Jacks wife she's a long time friend who is going to be transported back to the bay area to recuperate, Jack's a good guy who's been messinbg with cars for about 40 years, just finished his coupe and wanted to show it at GNRS ....but crap happens... they will appreciate your prayers and well wishes.

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, so sad to hear about. But, shit happens. A lesson for all of us. A few years ago my Niece was in the dirt pits at Altamont Speedway in Cali when she was run over. The guys she was with had just loaded a race stock car onto the trailer and were moving when she tried to get into bed of truck for a ride to parking lot. They did not know she was doing this. She lost her footing and fell face down in the dirt when the loaded dual axle trailer rolled over her toe to head. She was airlifted to emergency hospital. Only ended up with a few basic injuries with nothing broken, etc. Never take anything for granted.

24. I really hope she is alright.You have to be really be careful when backing up those trailers.

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Jack: honey, is that the GNRS car of the year in the garage
    Wife: it sure is dear, do you like it?
    Jack: but honey....
    Wife: Too bad you took Carmen to the show instead of me

glad to hear all is going to be okay, speedy recovery

26. bonesy

bonesy

Man, you don't wish that on anybody. I feel for both of them.

27. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

man that sucks!
    reminds me of a guy i worked with (back when i did that kind of thing). he told his wife to guide him onto the car ramps so he could change his oil. he "accidentally" pinned her to the garage door and killed her.
    lots of investigating but no charges. we always wondered though.
    glad carmen will be ok.

28. padorey

padorey

Sounds like you know Jack and Carman, if so, Please keep us up to date on her progress.
    Like I said in the firest post, Seeing it happen put a damper on my weekend. But knowing there is a chance of a full recovery, put me at ease.

29. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

These accidents are more common than we think. Couple of years ago the exact same thing happened w/my brother-in-law and sister, only w/a pontoon boat trailer. Thankfully, she recovered fully from her minor injuries. One accident is 1 too many. Prayers for Carmen and Jack................

30. Sorry for the misquote on her being his wife. That came directly from the Fairgrounds people who had just talked to Jack at that point. Misunderstanding on the relation.