Register now to get rid of these ads!

GMB's car show saturday swap meet sunday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hippie6, Oct 3, 2007.

1. hippie6

hippie6

Saturday is the car show at I DID IT in Techumseh MI. Not sure of the times though.

Sunday is the swap meet in Adrian MI at the Lenawee county fairgrounds, doors open at 7:30.

Is anybody else goin' ???? I won't make it to Techumseh 'til around 1:00. I gotta work 'til noon.

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

I will be at the IDIDIT show, along with a couple friends and my dad. Just look for my East Side truck.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dad and I are heading to IDIDIT, along with Enjenjo and PurplePickup. 62 Wagon normally attends but I think he made a coment the other nite about a wedding in AL that he's going to. Danimal usually goes and SafariNut is always there striping.

I think it starts at 9am and goes till mid afternoon. Live band and eats provided by a local charity. GREAT door prizes....I really, really want to win one of the many steering columns they give away. I'd love their chromed one in Big Olds as oppose to the ugly junkyard Caddy one thats in there now.

See ya there bud!

4. hippie6

hippie6

any body going to the swap meet?? Wish I could get to the I DID IT show earlier but..... I'll just have my daily driver anyway, the 'ol missing link ain't on the road yet. But it will be soon!!! I really gotta learn how to post pics!!

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I may make the swap meet but I've got 29 goats to shear yet. Anybody want to stop by and give me a hand? I'll give you a hand full of mohair to stuff in your seats so you can say you have a genuine mohair interior!

6. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Where is Adrian Michigan , How far from the Canadian border at Sarnia

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

From the Ambassodor, I can make it in about 70 minutes. Not so sure to Blue Water. Take 94 to M-52 in Chelsea and south to Adrian or 94 to 23 in Ann Arbor south to M-50 (Dundee/Cabela's Land) and go west to Adrian. If you plan head down and need directions, PM me.

8. jdubbya

jdubbya

I made it about half way, and something let loose in the valvetrain, sounds like a broken spring. I sent the others on without me, and was flatbedded home. Hope everyone has fun, and I will see you some other time. -Joe

After taking everything apart, I found that I had just broke a rocker arm, and was keeping #2 exhaust closed, creating my issues. It is not as bad as I first expected, and should be back up and going in no time.

9. Scott K

Scott K

You didn't miss much...perfect weather & 1200 cars. This "little" open house is bigger than most established shows now.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So large I didn't even see my good pal Ralfs56 yet intiment enough that Jdubbya's Dad stopped to say "hi"

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

The boys and I got there really late (like 2:48 to a 3pm show end!) but we had a great drive in. Passed about 45-50 rods as they were leaving.

Here's to the ass hat in the yellow A/G body that lost it trying to make a smoky burnout and ended up in the yard and backwards onto the road. Hope you busted a spring being so cool. Now I see the post about Carlisle and 10 cars damaged by a 'burb with a trailer out of control I think to my self, does anyone pay attention anymore?

12. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Poeple like that fuck things up for us with brains.. Sorry I missed you . Scott I know we only met once when you were over to your dads but i missed you too.. It was hot. Lots of cars though. We left just about noon on the harley:) great day for biking.. Dan im sitting here with some montazumas (sp) revenge ! Something messed me up yesterday. Im gonna pass on the swap and try to get feeling better then work on my car till afternoon then were going out on the scooter again.....
    Dave

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Enjoy the revenge!! I'll pass...Went to the swap. Not too bad. Need to take $5000 instead of $500 next time...Oh well, I didn't need the 31 A 4 door sedan for $3500 in semi-assembled condition that bad...

14. Had a great time there talking to old friends.Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the show as I was painting some.Didn't realize there were that many cars in attendance.
    I brought the Safari over Friday night so I could get a spot where I didn't need to back up(no reverse gear).My wife brought me over a little after 8am and they already had two lots near full.These guys must come in at the crack of dawn.
    Ken and Jane and the rest of the ididit crew really do a great job of putting this on.I didn't catch the name of the band that was playing but they sounded pretty good.The breakfast was great as well($5 for all you can eat).
    I was going to go to the Art Affair downtown but never made it.Was curious to see what the pedal car that ididit donated and I painted went for.
    As for the burnout idiot,he really picked the wrong town to pull that crap.The cops in Tecumseh do NOT have a sense of humor for such actions.If they had been on the scene,he would probably STILL be in jail. It just takes ONE IDIOT like that to screw things up FOREVER.Maybe the next time we see someone pull a stunt like that,we can offer them some penis enlargement pills or the like because they are obviously suffering from,"Small Dick Syndrome".

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

He did the burnout stunt about 10 cars after you went by, Ray. I was talking to Denise and watched you run down. I was wondering how you managed to drive there with the tranny problems.

When are you ready to change that beast? I think if anyone deserves a thrash it is you!

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Couldn't agree more Dan. If something developes just let me know I'M THERE !!:cool: :)

Frank

17. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I can try and get down from Jackson my self..
    Dave

18. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

what's "intement"?

19. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

She meant "intimate". We know what she was saying. Done.

Don't try to be the HAMB spell check police. You'll get hammered for it. Trust me.