Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glastonbury Fall Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 MERC-CT, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Just a few images:) :D

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

And a fefw more:) :D

3. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The heck with "build what you like", what the hell is the thinking behind having a wrought iron gate in place of a rear panel on a sedan or any car for that matter? Some things I see really make me question the rational.

5. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

6. tjm73

tjm73

WTF is that tube air cleaner thing on that Ford engine about? UGLY!!

7. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

The show was fantastic, the weather broke and the feild has a gravel base under the grass so that all the water from Fridays storm was long gone by Sat.
    THere had to be about 300 cars, many of them were mush more traditional than these pics show. There were a few (if not more) of these less than traditional rides too.
    All in all the show looked to be a huge sucess and was a great finish to the season.
    Thanks to Charlie, Ian, and Matt for the great time. How about a season opener next spring???

Who else has pics? I know there were more cameras than just two or three there...

8. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

It's about 4 1/2 feet long and there is another one on the other side just like it.:) :D

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

there are some shitboxes there I can see.

Any pictures of some traditional hotrods

10. Jimv

Jimv

all the traditional rods are on the upper west coast!!We only have drivers on this side of the country. the weather is better

this is a great show, its one of the top 3 for me, i'm looking forward to it next year!!
    Thanks charlie & everyone else who put it on.
    jimV

11. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Sorry to hear that you don't think there are any traditional cars around here. It seems to me that there are more than a few, and several that get driven regularly.
    This show did have some, but the oddities seem to get more ink.
    I am sure eventually some one will post pics of the traditional cars.
    SOme of the more traditional cars usually found at these shows come out of Mass, NY, and NJ. I think with the iffy weather, many guys didn't want to risk the ride in a down poor, although the weather turned out beautiful 70-75 sunny and no mud or puddles on the feild.
    There were quite a few 55 Chevy gassers, many are very recent builds, some nice early style rods and customs as well.

So, how about some more pics please???

12. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

there r plenty of traditional hotrods ,and kustoms here on the eastcoast
    -the norm wallace roadster,the rollin bones guys , and the list could go on and on , leadsledmercs 37 chevy is very cool, also the dodge with the pink scallops ( thats the dodge in tex smiths how to chop tops -still owned by the same guy - im sure the r some real shitboxes up in your neck to , its unfortunate that they attract alot of attention , any way the show was great , and it was great to see jim v leadsledmerc , onearmedbandit and the guys from allstar and anyone else i forgot to mention---joe

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I know there are some traditional cars out there.. I have been all over the east coast attending shows over the last 10 yrs and have met alot of the owners and taking alot of pictures of them ( before moving back to the west coast a few weeks ago)... I just wanted to see some more pictures of them. I also know there are some shitboxes there, (just like there is in everystate).. I just prefer to see the non-shitboxes (which you did show a few above).. and want to see more

I guess I should have worded it better..

14. I thought it was a fuckin' great time. I was riding shotgun in the black "712" '55 Chevy gasser. Got there around 11:30, took the car back around 4:30 then came back and stayed till 10. There's alot of drivers, but alot of good traditional stuff too. Everyone has fun though and the spirit is there, so its all good. Looking forward to next year!! Thanks to everyone who put it on, there a bunch of great guys.
    -Dean