Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gilmore Car Museum's "1/4 Mile at a Time" opening...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, May 2, 2009.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Last night my wife and I attended the opening reception for the Gilmore Museum's "1/4 Mile at a Time" display. This ain't your fathers car museum, any more folks!:eek: Dinner and cocktails too, so it was a win/win!:D

Fabulous display with lots of well known vintage dragsters, a couple of Don Garlits "Swamp Rat" incarnations, A/Gas Willy's coupes, one of Arnie Beswicks GTO's, several Fuel Alterd's, and 2 of E. J. Potters wild "Widowmaker" bikes. The display is very well laid out, with a diorama of Martin US 131 Dragways Christmas tree and the Garlits cars, a huge widescreen with a sound system that (almost) makes you feel like you're at the line, it's very cool.

The museum is moving forward with two new construction projects, and looking expand. For Hot Rodders, it's great to see a display like this to bring something other than classics and restorations to a "museum" setting. It's well worth a trip to see this new display, and enjoy the museum grounds and campus.

Attached Files:

2. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Wow! Now tht's my kind of Museum.

3. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Nice, looks like a field trip for the gang is in order.

BTW, this fall they're putting on a traditional show along with the fellas from the Relix club. the date is Sept 27th. it's a Sunday...

4. CadillacCorey

CadillacCorey

Do you have any more pictures of the pearl white/ blue faded panels Willys? the paint on that thing is beautiful.