Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gidday from New Zealand...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hotrodkiwi, Jul 3, 2006.

1. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

Hi all
    My name is Justin, I live in a city called Porirua, which is about 10 minutes from New Zealands Capital city, Wellington.
    I'm a keen photographer, and also enjoy writing about american cars and hot rods, and am always amazed by the wealth of knowlege held by so many hot rodders. I've been involved in hot rods in some way shape or form since I was about 12 years old, and have steadily become more involved as the years have ticked by.
    I cant admit to have owned a big list of cool cars, but I have had a few V8's, my favorite being a '67 Plymouth which was unfortunately burnt out in a house fire several years ago. I currently have two projects, a 1955 Chevy and a fibreglass 1923 T Bucket.
    The T Bucket is next on the list, and I intend to build it in the traditional style. I am contemplating using a 346 cube Cadi flathead motor, and I'm real keen on getting information on these engines, which transmissions can be addapted, parts availability etc.
    The '55 has had the floor removed (by a previous owner) and has had tubs fitted in the rear, but I'm not going down the pro street road, I'm pretty keen on steel wheels, flat black paint, and as much factory chrome as possible. I already have a 350/400/9" set up to slot in, and will run with that to start with at least. Thoughts of a roof chop have also entered my head, (already checked out some of the chops on here.....awesome!) but I'm chilling on this project untill the Bucket is done and dusted.

Cheers, Justin

2. Good to see ya made it here man! Welcome.

3. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

Thanks bassman, good to see some familiar names in here!

4. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey welcome aboard, were you asking about the cad mill on the NZHRM board ? Peddro on here in Melbourne has Cad flattie (or flatties), heading up to Rotorua or Palmy swaps ?

Paul/Unkle Sam's

5. Welcome from Bakersfield, I work for Squeak Bell ( Kiwi Konnection ) and share a shop with the famous Duane Jones so i know all about the kiwi hot rod scene

6. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

Hey there, I'm gonna have to miss the Rotorua swap this time, but I'll be at the Palmy swap for sure! Was doing a bit of digging on the Cadi flathead on HRM, some pretty good replies, but theyve just made my decision even harder. I love the look of the Cadi flathead, and I'd really like to head down that path, it's just going to boil down to dollars, and parts availability. I'm still undecided, but if I give up on the flathead, I'l likely go for a later model Cadi mill.
    Cheers!

7. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

Gidday!
    I've met Duane a few times, and heard more stories than I care to remember... Loads of pics in the latest NZ Rodder from Paso Robles, one day I'll get my ass over there and check it all out for myself!

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

Say Hi to Squeak for me from Russell Hyland. I think a few of my mates ( from Pukekohe) called into the shop a few weeks ago while travelling around.

9. magoo

magoo

good to see another kiwi on here.Im just up the road in Levin .Look out for the green mk1 Z car parked outside the upholsterers if you are passing through

10. 37coupeute

37coupeute

welcome mate. grew up in porirua and the bay myself. one of the nicest 58
    goldflashes I have ever seen was in Porirua.............Tim.