Register now to get rid of these ads!

GG Nationals @ Columbus .. Cars of the Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jul 11, 2010.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Here are the 2 winners for STREET ROD OF THE YEAR & STREET MACHINE OF THE YEAR. Not my choice but WTF do I know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Deep Pockets = Big Awards ! ! !

I'd take the sawzall to both ! ! !

3. John Denich

John Denich

Being Traditional does not mean hating everything that has paint, interior and well put together! I agree dumb comment!

4. paintcan54

paintcan54

Not my style, but a lot of work in both. I think the roadester would look better with the top off and some headlites on a bar across the front, the other ?????. Jmo.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That wraps it up nicely. However it fails to take into account the value of a HAMB keyboard tough guy. Speaking of same...........everyone knows that if he REALLY did have both cars there would be NO sawzall usage.................at worse there would be a couple of FOR SALE signs or ads expounding the virtues of both cars along with a corresponding high price. If not that he would have them at every event, cruise, mall opening with a large sign telling about how much he had in polished stainless steel.:(

Frank

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I can't dig roadster, not my style... I actually like the muscle car better!:eek:

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Just goes to show that A LOT of money, a LOT of time and a bunch of talent " does not always equal a great vehicle. :)

I can appreciate the time, talent and effort in the two award winning vehicles but honestly, I do not really care for either of them. I would much rather own one of these :D

Photos by Al Lieberman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Out of the 5 in each category these were my pics to win.

Attached Files:

9. sawzall

sawzall

the ring brothers car rules..

10. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

The orange camaro actually won for Street Machine of the Year. I thought for sure that fairlane would win, lots of cool pieces on that thing. I was bummed that they weren't able to run those cars on the autocross cuz of the rain on friday. Would've loved to see which people would tear it up...

11. deto

deto

That fairlane is bitchin. The amount of trick one-off stuff on that car is impressive. That is of course if you didn't take a sawzall to it...

12. 61falcon

61falcon

the fairlane and the green 3 window with the 427 were my picks. that 427 sounds really good and the one off pieces on the fairlane are impressive. some of the cars seemed out of proportion with the ridiculous wheels they stuffed under the rear.

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

"Get em" Frank.......I agree with you 100%.....Mike

14. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

the 2 ring brothers think way out of the box, they got my vote

15. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

x2 Nitro on your pics, I appreciate the work in both. I don't like the Camaro pick mainly due to the "new" front end. JMO, maybe I'm totally outta line here

16. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

The roadster belongs to Magnumson of Magnumson blowers and was built by Foose.It did have a Hot Rod Power Tour sticker on it.Spoons on here won a top 5 Classic Truck pick Congrats.

17. zzford

zzford

I like 'em both. Prefer a more traditional approach, but, what the hey. I like most all cars...except maybe tuners.

18. 36 poncho

36 poncho
    from ny

Yea......I sometimes am a little envious of check book bikers and credit card rodders too

19. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

They are both beautifully done, great to see in person
    real craftsmanship in the top 10.

congrats to both builders/owners great cars

20. That Fairlane was killer. Got to see it at Des Moines. I'd take about any of them to put in my garage. And I don't even own a sawsall.
    Later,
    Dick

21. The Fairlane belongs to the owner of S & S Cycles. Wisconsin car and builders.

22. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I actually go to shoot both of them together for Kirk at the Gazette, and you would be hard pressed to meet two nicer and gracious winners. The Magnuson car was on the power tour, and as far as a sawzall to the camaro......I guess you didnt notice the 2010 camaro roof on it.......oh and it was a womans car.

23. Mister Nasty

Mister Nasty

There were so many great cars at that show !!! I pity the guys that had to decide...

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

Obviously neither are HAMB fodder, but the craftsmanship in both is stellar. Neither are over the top obnoxious, but rather tasteful and well designed (for modern-styled rides). Like John said, the Magnuson roadster is a driver and he's already run it on the Power Tour. The Camaro was also buiilt to be abused.

The judging was very hard and the top three cars in both categories were VERY close in scoring. We had to do three rounds of discussions to get the two choices made. We were all also very bummed that the rain killed the Autocross. We were really looking forward to seeing the cars on the track. The woman with the winning Camaro went to Des Moines just to practice and did really well there. She had to have done 50+ runs.

Official Goodguys judging hat off and personal opinion hat on, I liked the black AMX that was on everyone's short list, including mine. The right cars won, but I'd love to drive the AMX on the Autocross.

Also it looks like John ruled it on the Gazette cover shot on Saturday night.

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I think all of these cars would be a lot better w/ nicer wheels.
    The 20s chrome blinding rims on the rodster are hideous, and a set of more styleish wheels would make it a lot more appealing to others too im sure.
    Same for the camaro, those new wheels have nothin nice design wise.
    The blue 32 (fiberglass?) is bad ass, some neat tricks no doubt, but again, the wheel/tire combo sucks. And this time around im sure aint just IMO.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Yikes! As Kirk's first hand report says, super rides -- super people. Maybe just not some of our styling tastes. We can't all do it the same way. ~Sololobo~

27. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Fun to be there, got to say hi to KIRK! Surprised Poteets car didnt make final five. Not the prettiest car, but what jewelry and detail.Even having a Troy built car dont automatically get you an award.I really liked the 54 corvette in street machine, blown LS 9, simple and looked like you could drive it home.Anybody see the "409" in Alloways latest 61 Impala?

28. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Troy did not build this truck. It was built in a two car garage in Indy by Brian Stinger. It went to Troys shop for paint, and Brian and some of Troys guys reasembled it.

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

At the risk of starting drama all over again, I have it first hand from a New York state "Power Tour" participant that the roadster did indeed "participate" in the Power Tour...from a few miles out of town, to the motel/HQ's/show 'n shine, to a few miles on the other side of town where they put it back in the trailer...yes, I'm well aware this is second-hand info...but the guy I know has no reason to lie to me.

Having said that, IF I ever owned a car that cost me upwards of half a million, I'd be damned careful when and where I "drove" it as well...

Those types of cars are sculptured "artwork"...and everyone knows that scupture is expensive, to sculpt...or acquire.

R-

30. fms427

fms427

In the street machine catagory, the Fairlane done by the Ring Bros. would have been my first choice also - the detail on their cars is just awsum !! But, remember, they won the last TWO years - I did not expect to see a threepeat ! I picked the Detroit Speed Camaro to win - but, I was wrong !