Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Getting that Exhaust Sound Just Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53CHKustom, Sep 21, 2014.

1. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

Yea those are good points. I followed your advice and everything went well. I went back and asked them to pull the chrome tips higher and closer to the bumber and they look great (at least to me) and I can clear my driveway. Thanks for giving me advice and motivation earlier in the summer :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. 53CHKustom

53CHKustom

I've been a bit MIA but it turns out this entire time the SBC 350 has been running on 7 cylinders. I went to my work related colleague's place to see if he could check the carb to make sure it was set up right and help me diagnose a chirping sound. We think it could be from the water pump but he heard the exhaust and said it was misfiring.

We pulled the valve cover off the driver side and sure enough one valve was dirtier looking and the spring could be moved by hand a bit. I'm going to pull the cylinder head out and see if a machine shop can fix that head, in particular that bad valve. Supposedly the engine was rebuilt in 2009 and the heads were too but came from something else. The motor came from a 72 chevelle and the heads were from something else (I can't recall but I texted the previous owner).

Hopefully this will solve the weird exhaust sound. I thought it was lopey sounding because of the cam... also supposedly it has an RV cam in it but no way to tell.