Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting spiders out of your car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, Jun 12, 2010.

1. 55olds88

55olds88

Stick the car in a 40' container and send it to NZ we then treat em to 24 hours of methyl bromide, have yet to see anything crawing out of those containers.....

2. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Those are camelback crickets. Had them bad in my garage last year till running my race car inside without ventilation(damn near took me out too). It's been almost a year and not a single pest since.

3. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Well the exterminator came today and he showed me how bad it really was-first he used a fogging machine(atomizes chemicals),He put the tip in the frame rails,smoke would come out there other end,killing all in its path,gets in all places you cant see,Then he hit the car with a water based spray to take care of the eggs-What a cool guy came out on a Sunday in 97 degree heat and took care of it-He showed me around my house where more could be-under my deck,wood piles-I went to depot and got Spectrcide to treat the other areas,you hook this bottle up to you garden hose and spray-Istill feel "buggy" tho lol

4. Yeah, yeah, that's it, Mars! That's where I saw 'em. It was a 1957 Sci-fi movie where these things attacked the astronauts who crashed on their planet! Actually, it was a number of years ago when I was visiting a buddy who lived in Laurel. He had these things in his basement. Yuk!

5. That looks a lot like the critters that take off when I lift the garage door. Then, I start runnin' and a stompin'. It's an endless cycle.

6. Now, that'll put a real damper on your day! Fortunately, that's one critter we don't have to deal with on this side of the country.

7. i use a good ole ball peen hammer but my windshield doesn't look very well any more but i guess thats what full coverage insurance is for. a rattle can and a light is fun as well but i found out interior is highly flammable :D

8. 46 - I think you're on to something! :D

9. Geez, I have lived in Maryland for many years and never knew there were so many critters here. This thing looks like a cross with a gecko, a frog, and a snake. Of course, if you saw it in Marriottsville, it's probably some mutant that came out of the landfill. :D

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Most of my problem/black widows were to-wards the rear,on and around the gas tank and rear bumber.Torch wasn't an option-looks fun tho!

12. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i like it!!

13. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

My spider advice...I use the Ortho Home Defense around the shop. I don't have kids/pets so I don't know about that stuff, but there are no spiders around here, and the only bugs I see in the garage are dead ones...the only kind I like.

14. Hey RC, you wanna bring your race car down to EC and run it in my garage for awhile? I have a whole variety of critters in there and, after reading this thread, probably some I don't know about! :eek: I can't think of a more fun way of exterminating, either!

15. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

The bug/kennel bombs work very well..You must "tent" the car and seal the bottom tight.
    Leave the windows open. Some brands will kill the larvae also.
    One bomb is plenty. Set it so it does not spray on any finished surface.
    Follow the instructions on the can. It will kill any creepy crawlers in the car no matter how far in the cracks they are hiding. It leaves no residue so is pet friendly.
    The bombs can be had at veterinary supply stores and some vets themselves sell them.

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

black widows dont die with bug bombs...but they do with the below technique (black widows dont have the "clean" themselves like other spiders do, or something like that.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...hlight=peta+mg

17. Sounds like you've been debugged! Unbelievable that you cud get someone out on a Sunday. Temps were pushing the century mark, too! Hope the job works for you.

18. How often do you put it down?

19. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

The guy owns Bug out termite and pest control,have know him for over 20 years,I told him I got bit and he said he would be over the next day(Sunday).Super cool guy:cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  20. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

So there has been a lot of Maryland folk following this-heres his link-[​IMG]

21. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

22. Kerry67

Kerry67

A bigger Mongoose.

23. bdr1

bdr1

FYI: not all people are alergic to Black Widow and Brown Recluse. I had a venomous bug bite of some sort a few months back. It got me 13 times on the arm, never saw it. Dermatologist said that just like Poison Ivy and Peanuts, not all people are affected so severely (death and skin falling off)

24. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

OnlY 1% die from these kind of spyder bites,Im sure more have a reaction-Im allergic to everything,so just my luck I get bit by one and had a reaction

25. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Even tho my car is parked out side Ive been searching for these fuckers all around my apartment(thats above a big garage,that I'm not allowed to park my car in wtf)-I went on a hunt tonite-killed about a dozen or so black widows and burned even more egg sacks in the garage with map gas,if I couldn't get close enough I was hitn them w/ starting fluid(note do not use these together at the same time or area) :)

26. GlenC

GlenC

i guess we're pretty lucky that black widows aren't in Australia, well not yet anyway... We do have a couple of nasties though, the funnelweb is probably the most dangerous, it's very aggressive and its bite is often fatal to humans. The first pic is one, but they're mostly further south of here in cooler climates.

The second pic is a tropical 'orb weaver' spider, we get them in our front garden in summertime, but not as big as this one! They make huge webs that go halfway across the yard, and they sit in the middle of them at night, not real pleasant to walk into in the dark when you're putting the rubbish out or something.

(It is only a small bird by the way)

Cheers, Glen.

Attached Files:

27. rick beaver

rick beaver

get a pump spray bottle,get liquid amonia at hard ware store,mix batch as strong as you want spray inside,underhood ,under ,seats ,trunk ,bus do not like amonia at all,windex also works very well also,it also get rid of them little ants too,the compresser room at the shop that i work at was infested with brown recluse,made up arealstrong batch,sprayed all around&the little basturds left,I use it all the time,safe around pets too,give it a try

28. OK- not sure what they are called- and you get them in the grochery store- but the old timers use something thats about the size of an orange but green and wrinkly. hang acouple of em in nylons or orange bags under the dash and set acouple in the rear tray and such. just make sure they are on a tin plate so the oils dont ruin your fabrics.. just got tell the produce manager what you need them for and he should know the name.. or stop by your local rv park and ask the old folks