Register now to get rid of these ads!

getting schooled on Hot Rods Youtube vid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TxRat, Aug 22, 2006.

1. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Someone find the 2 confused (and probably batting for Dorothy's team) nerds who filmed that and just bitch-slap em'.

2. DetroitDraggin

DetroitDraggin

To think I never really knew I was being filmed it's kind of funny to watch the clip. Yes, a HAMBer owns the car. I'm not on here much these days. I opened a custom/hot rod shop here in the Detroit area and have been busy. The guys who filmed this weren't too bad to me. I just have gotten a little tired of the r word being tossed around so damn much as of late. It didn't make it on the little clip, but I asked them if it was painted if it would be a "hot rod" instead of a "ratrod". I guess it's just educating people because they don't know what they are looking at. The difference is too slight for people who never look at cars closely. My friend John St Germain coined something I found really funny. R.eal A.nd T.raditional. Yup. It's a R.A.T.Rod

Bill

3. Brewton

Brewton

That is a sweet hotrod! Hey, the two guys filming are just uneducated about what is what. The guy with the roadster was trying to explain it, but they didn't get it.

4. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Nope, it will still be a ratrod... it's got wood floors! :D Maybe you could lay some tile when you paint it & that would be ok :p

CC

[​IMG]

5. deadbeatdetroit

deadbeatdetroit

That's right. I am working right now! I'm making mexican blanket carpet to put on the floors of the car. It's gonna look sweet......maybe even a grille insert as well. All kidding aside, I can tell you first hand, that car is a blast. Bill did a hell of a job on it. It's a true hot rod.

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

nice car!

what are the headlights?

7. DetroitDraggin

DetroitDraggin

Edmunds & Jones Type 20

8. 2"

2"

All I can say is that you have one ace car sir!