Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Getting close.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustedwrench, Jan 8, 2014.

1. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

I'm getting anxious for some warmer weather. After spending the last two years dealing with life changing health issues and the financial issues caused by them, I'm finally in possesion of enough parts and materials to start work on my '37 Chevy coupe. I now have a fairly complete coupe body shell (missing all the glass). I've got a 283 Chevy engine,a TH-350 trans. 10 bolt posi-traction rear end from an old Camaro. And my latest score was an axle from a'37 fitted with brakes from a 53 chevy for the front. Also scored some box tubing to begin fabricating a frame. And I have my old '69 Chevy van that I hope will provide a compatable steering box, column, and a bunch of misc. parts and pieces. Two items I'm still looking for a set of old (slapper bar) traction bars, and an old Moon tank. There's swap meets coming up soon so hopefully I'll have these items before spring or early summer.

2. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

I'm glad to see things are looking up for you this year and have a project ready. Health issues and the farce of insurance can really set you back. Just had to comment on the traction bars... I remember when you could buy those things for $30 any day of the week at the local parts store. Things have changed.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

Yeah, I remember the last set of those traction bars I had set me back 10 bucks! ( I'm not going to mention how many years ago that was!) Now I don't see them around anywhere.

4. Good to hear your health has improved,,congratulations. HRP

5. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

I appreciate that. I feel very lucky to be back on my feet. At one point I didn't think working on an old car was something I'd ever be able to do again.