Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Geordie's junkyard pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, May 5, 2009.

1. Sheeeezzz.... that's not a bad price for a early single cab VW

2. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

You hit the nail on the head!!! But cash does talk with ol' Geordie! ;)

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

Thanks for the pics,be killer just to walk around in there.

4. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Simply insane. I could spent hours walking that yard.

5. ironmatt72

ironmatt72
    from Boston

I have spoken to him a number of times. If you need it he has it! He doesn't like to parts out vehicles that are whole and he doesn't like to ship. Not to good about returning phone calls either. His prices are fair and he is getting to the end of his rope. Last time I spoke with him he was offering to sell the whole lot. I can't remember the number, but it worked out to $200. a car. He also mentioned the "C" word. CRUSHER! I hope to take a trip up there next summer with cash and a empty trailer and Yes, he still has the 37 Package Ambulance last time I checked.

6. screwball

screwball

Just another field of rich man dreams. I knew it was a waist of time for me to even look thats why I wont ask. No room for my kind of workin class.

7. tinmann

tinmann

Just so you are forewarned..... he won't remember any of your past conversations..... so when you drive 3 days cross country thinking you've got a firm deal on something, prepare to be disappointed...... or worse.

8. cb1

cb1
    from Wisconsin

Two years ago, I was looking at a 29 coupe body from him and one locally. Because of the distance and only being able to see pictures of his, I was taking my time trying to decide which to get. His looked in better condition, but I decided not to buy his because of distance. After that, he sent me about three e-mails that year saying everything was going to the crusher as he had had enough. What ever that meant... He was very pleasant to me and did send me a couple of more pictures of areas that I wanted to look at. If you type his name into Google, you can get a lot of sites with people tearing him up for questionable deals..

9. bigs merc

bigs merc

What once was new....

10. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

A word to the wise here........ Take it from Tinmann & myself. He was singing the same tune in the early 80's when we were a lot younger and less wiser and first went out and met the guy. He was very unpredictable, and prices were all over the map. I certainly would NOT drive halfway across the country to B.S. with him.
    Daryl, remember the "James Dean Merc"?

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hell, I'm local and talk to him fairly often and he doesn't recall most of our previous conversations. He still hasn't figured out his way around the webpage I built him. He's an old hippy, and I don't think time has been good to him.

12. Please, Santa, please. I've been very good this year. Please bring me a pre-War project.

Unbelievable that places like this one are still around. Made my day.

13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's funny Al, Tin & I always said too much ONESHOT!

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Well, yeah...maybe he's been drinking the paint and thinners, too. LOL

15. 454navyss

454navyss

hopefully they all find good homes before they get scrapped or become one with the earth

16. Man it sucks being overseas. I don't get to enjoy any of this. You boys are lucky down there. Can't wait to get my Canadian arse back to the great white north. Oh yea and that black Mod A coupe by the Hippie van is my dream car. Would pay double whatever he would be asking only problem is I live in a crap hole halfway 'round the world. O well.

17. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

Well If you don't believe in God, you should now, because that IS heaven. I need a bunch of those parts, Wait I need ALL of those parts !!!

18. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Any 35-36 ford panel truck rear doors?

19. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

those pics def beat mayfair and girls only...i also sent you a pm regarding a certain something im after..

nice work..

20. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

He does, but you'd have to buy the whole truck to get them. :(

21. I've spent a good part of my life working in and wandering around in junkyards and I swear too much exposure to rust does funny things to old mens brains. Known alot of guys just like him too. One old bird at a local yard that's gone now gave me a price on some parts for a 67 Camaro on a Saturday morning. Good deal but I had to pull the parts myself which was fine by me. I'd rather do that anyway when given the choice. So I go home, round up some tools and go back an hour later and the guy dosn't remember any of the conversation, tells me he's never seen me before in his life (been there a bunch of times) and threatens to shoot me if I don't leave. Sorry you wasted alot of time trying to help the old guy but it looks like that's exactly what you did. Looks like a very cool place to wander around and snap some pics if you're already in the area but I would drive an hour, let alone halfway across the country, to get jerked around by some crazy old coot.... He probably spends all his spare time drinking antifreeze & watching Barrett/Jackson...

22. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

It wasn't really a waste of time. I traded him the web page for some artwork for my business, so we both got something out of the deal. I just wish I could convince him to start selling parts rather than complete cars. He'd stand a better chance of actually selling some of the stuff.

23. Geoff Rusho

Geoff Rusho

Their out there, I knew of a hole full of nice projects and the land owner fell to a metal scrapper and crushed the full thing. Very sad, Hope he lets these go to good homes.

24. KMAjacko

KMAjacko

Gezz........I new there must be places like this still about nice pics.........thanks

25. ...that's a little bit of heaven on earth!...thanks for postin all those great pics.

26. themachine

themachine

wow this is awesome !!!

PM SENT

27. craig richards

craig richards

I

28. craig richards

craig richards

I need a 29 model a rear window section. Does he have anything? Pics and prices plz

29. This topic is more than 7 years old !