Register now to get rid of these ads!

Genuinely confused about deleted post. Please advise.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by kalthans, Jun 10, 2016.

1. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

I had a thread deleted (link below) concerning a Jag IFS in my '51 Pontiac. While I'm 99% sure it was deleted because it ran afoul of the "traditional" designation the HAMB was designed for, I'm asking for a bit of clarity here from the mods...

Before posting I'd scoured the HAMB looking for posts and articles pertaining to the task I was attempting with my Poncho. I found many. Jag IRS and front clips are mentioned endlessly on the general board. It was the presence of those posts that led me to believe my own post would be considered on-topic. Also, with an understanding of the focus and rules, I took care to not post in the Traditional or Customs forums. Yet it was deleted. I hope you can see my confusion.

Thank you for your time in clearing this up for me.

Yours,

k

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/jag-irs-mounting-height.1021744

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those are old posts made before we got more strict about frame swaps, front end swaps, etc...

Sorry man.

3. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

Yeah, that's kinda what I'd guessed was the case. Thanks for clearing that up. Is there an external forum you'd recommend for such questions? Most I've found are very model specific (primarily trucks), or woefully old or hard to use in contrast to HAMB. (see what I did there? nice little compliment!)

4. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

town sedan likes this.

5. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

Well I'll be damned...didn't even think about looking down there for such conversations! Thank you so much, CowboyTed!