Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Gene Winfield Metal Workshop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TUMBLEWEED GARAGE, Oct 26, 2022.

1. November 19th and 20th at his compound in beautiful Mojave California!
    Learn from the master of metal manipulation first hand.
    Still a few openings available.

For more information, contact Jerry at (209) 552-9748
    Or email. [email protected]

Don't miss this one!!!

2. You do realize that Mr. Winfield has more energy in his whole body than most others have their entire body. Just sayin.

sdluck and reagen like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've taken one of his classes a fews years ago. You learn a lot.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have the means, this should not be missed!

TrailerTrashToo likes this.

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Attended one of Gene's workshop in TX about 10 years ago.
    Fantastic experience. Be sure to attend , if possible.
    He was born in 1927 and still strong. An amazing man.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    chryslerfan55 and reagen like this.
  6. SPEC

SPEC

I attended one of his classes in 2019 it was great!!

7. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I signed up. I expect to be the oldest in attendance (other than Gene...). Any other HAMBers attending?

The direct trip is "only" a 608 mile drive, if I go through Phoenix and Los Angeles basin. I'm not looking forward to creeping up I-15 in stop and go traffic (I am driving an off-topic 5 speed manual truck (HINT: A Cummins 4bt puts the BANG in banger ;))). I'm going to drive a little further to avoid Phoenix and LA.

We attended the Winfield-Watson Gathering a couple weeks ago. Got to drive some RT-66 west of Flagstaff, AZ. And, on the way back, through the canyons in the Angeles National Forest, then a couple miles of Colorado Boulevard (RT-66) in Pasadena, CA. I definitely got my fill of LA traffic on the way back.

Russ

8. Russ, 92 to the 10 west. ZigZag to the 17 to Flagstaff, 40 west to Barstow, puts you on 15 South for a short distance. Then, 58 west (Bakersfield) the first Mojave exit, left to 14, left to Backus Rd. Left to Sierra hey.
    That right there is tons of scenery with minimal traffic. Ads about 150 miles to your journey.

9. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Thanks - That is approximately the route I took 2 weeks ago to the Winfield-Watson Gathering. The scenery is wonderful. We took several side trips onto RT-66 - very little traffic. We also got to see the legendary "Mrs Orcutt's driveway" - The Car and Driver magazine "test track" from the late 1970's and early 1980's - Off topic here.

For those of you not in the west, I-40 approximately follows the old RT-66 from somewhere in Oklahoma to Barstow, CA. Rt-66 wandered around, as it had to follow the lay of the land. When I-40 was laid out, the capabilities of construction equipment made it possible to make a straighter route through the mountains.

This is my 4 trip to Mojave - Maybe this trip I'll avoid Phoenix by going through Gila Bend and Lake Havasu.

Russ

gimpyshotrods and chryslerfan55 like this.