Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gearhead Magazine, here at last.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Gearhead Mike, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Wow, where to begin? Let’s see, I’m Mike LaVella, the editor and publisher of Gearhead Magazine. We started back in1993, so it is the first so called “Kustom Kulture” magazine ever, a fact that I’m proud of, but it also shows how damn old we’re all getting. I also write for Rodder’s Journal, and have written a few books as well, The Hot Rod World of Robert Williams, which came out last year, and Cole Foster & Salinas Boys Customs, due out September 1st.

I’ve been into cars pretty much my whole life, muscle cars and dragsters first, then rods and customs after I moved to California in 1988. I’ve been around the scene for a long time, it’s funny to think that I’m the only guy who vended at every Billetproof –in fact I was the only one at the first one, so I just set up in the registration booth. Man, it’s really come a long way since then. I guess I’ve avoided getting on here because years ago I was told that if I didn’t have at least a dozen builds going at all times, that not only would I be flamed, but possibly beaten up too! All kidding aside, I have been assured that it’s “calmed down quite a bit” since those days, and in fact I’d most likely be welcomed here, so HOWDY Y’ALL.

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hi Mikey!!!

Now every one play nice with mike he's "special" HAhahahahahaa

Welcome homie!!! see that wasn't so hard...

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

oh shit... you know evel AND Jonesy? man this aint gonna be your fuckin day holmes... there are those here who'll bend ya over and do a remake of deliverance for knowing those dudes

:D

Welcome to da HAMB