Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gear Shift Knobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chester, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Chester

Chester
    from At work

Does anyone know where to find a push button gear shift knobs?
    An adapter for one would work as well...lokar says their will not work for my application.
    It is for a stock shifter for a 67 Mustang...I would like to change out the stock t-handle.

2. There are lots of automatic shift knobs that attach with a set screw that should do the trick for you.

3. Chester

Chester
    from At work

I should have made it more clear...I want something other than the stock t-handle.

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

Probably not available. My family has owned 60's 'Stangs since the 60's. Always looking for new ideas. Never saw a custom tee handle for one. I just switched one out that has a cheesy woodgrain tee handle and woodgrain bezel to a solid Ford chromed metal one and chrome bezel. Still not happy. So, I am going to install the Lokar floor mounted cable system ($300 + ouch). Nordstrom quality tho. Lots of nice features including an array of shifter knobs to choose from.....not Tee handles. Also, available in the midnight series (black).

5. dellyjonut

dellyjonut
    from St. louis

call me crazy but I work at a chrysler dealership, the only thing that looks good about a pt cruiser is the automatic shift knob. Just a round ball with a button in the middle. Simple and kind of hot rod looking. There are sure to be a few in the local junkyard. Score one on the cheap and see if it will work.. [​IMG]