Register now to get rid of these ads!

gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studebaker46, Jul 6, 2010.

1. studebaker46

studebaker46

hi guys does anybody know what i have to do to use original gauges for a 1941 ford pu iam using a sbc with 12volt neg grnd. the cluster i found looks really good thanx for any info tom

2. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

You will need the original bourbon tubes, and not sure how the fuel sender is used, but you will need that too. I have a full electronic 42 Ford pckuster here and its all electronic, if thtas the case, you will need the original senders too. Speedo should be fine. Anything with an electronic sender will need to be converted to 12 V.
    Mark

3. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

I have 14 pages of original Ford instrumet prints and troubleshooting info. Pm me, with your e-mail addy, if you want me to e-mail copies to you. Ford istruments are unusual and will require that you use the original type bi-metal senders.

Jim

4. studebaker46

studebaker46

thanx for the response guys but i 95% sure i am going a different route while looking cool i think i will go with new aftermarket gauges. thanx again tom