Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Point Series (Convoy) for 2022

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 5, 2021.

1. I think it has been about 10 years since I became the race director for Gasser Magazine. Ernest can chime in on here. Along the way I took over Gasser Madness. It has been a bumpy ride for sure. My first event at Beaver Springs was cancelled because the east coast wasn’t ready for nostalgia. I had separated the nose high gassers from the modern style low gassers. Wow how nostalgia has changed in the past decade! Now we are actually racing with the old weight to cubic inch classes and racing heads up!

Years ago I had written about starting a Gasser series, no club, no dues, just sanction events and have a points program for the racers. (our way of giving back to this great hobby!)

I wanted to do this in 2020…well we see how that turned out, but in 2022 we are going to have a points series with a banquet! Yes the goal is at least 6 events, a point system, and a banquet on a cruise ship! You heard me right. We are going to have a Convoy! The cruise will be right after the Orlando event, we have found secure parking for the rigs, so it will be a pretty easy transition from racer to vacationer! Details will be distributed via the email list for those that sign up on the website. As far as the Convoy, events so far will be at Dragway 42, Summit Motorsports Park, Lucas Oil Raceway, and Orlando Speed World. As you can see, these are all quality facilities and we are looking for a couple more. We are also looking for sponsors! If you have any ideas send them to me. All info can be found on the Gasser Madness site and will be updated regularly, just click the ‘events’ tab. We hope you are as excited about this as much as we are. We think your significant other may like this news as well!

Another update: there will be a couple small changes to the Gasser Division guidelines for 2022, those updates can also be seen on the Gasser Madness Website.

Contact via www.gassermadness.com or [email protected]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Correct the website address. You left out the last "s".

loudbang and Don Moyer like this.
  3. I will definitely be following along! With 1 track 13 miles from me & another about 35, this is gonna be really cool. I will not have my 57 Pontiac built for this summer, because I have too many others under construction but this news will spur me to get busy for 2023. Out of the 200+ cars I have owned in my life, this will be my 1st Gasser & am pumped as i have always wanted to build one.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Sounds cool Don. I'll be following.

5. thanks bud!

loudbang likes this.
  6. cabong

cabong

Seems people forget there is a difference between "gassers" and gas class racers of yesteryear 52business coupe a.jpg ..... I'm not really sure what name mine would fall under. All I know is that it's more fun than is legal in some states !!

7. Love it! We for sure have not forgotten at Gasser Madness.

loudbang likes this.