Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas pump pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamed tudor, Jul 7, 2009.

1. neat thread...everytime i see these types of threads, it makes me realize that there is a ton of cool stuff still out there !

2. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

We've been built a deck in my friend's backyard. Finished decorating yesterday.

Attached Files:

3. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

One last shot

Attached Files:

4. spununit

spununit

Here are some pics of some pumps and junk from Australia. I have been a long time collector and can't get enough of this stuff. Golden Fleece is very popular with collectors down under because of the ram and the art work. The Atlantic Flash pump is a rare 2 gallon pump. Johnny

Attached Files:

5. On the subject of gas pumps...

Two questions (with a humorous story in between):

1) How far south did "Atlantic" stations make it? I only went with "Texaco" with my garage a long time ago because when I got the bug to make my garage look more like my Uncle Vic's gas station, nobody repro'd anything "Atlantic". I'm also considering changing over to Atlantic some time in the future as kind of an homage to him (that's actually his old Eco Tire-flator at the right side of the roll-up door).

He tickled me when he told me the story of when Atlantic became ARCO back in the 70's. His station was small and out of the way, but the ARCO brass told him that he "had to" change all of his colors to the corporate blue & gray, all of the signs, paint the Tire-flator, EVERYTHING. He asked who was going to pay for all of the paint and labor to change it all over and they said "Well, YOU have to!" He said "No thanks!" Their reply was that "If you don't change your colors and your signs, then you can't sell our gas!!!". His reply was "Well fellas, I guess that I'm not selling your gas any more!!! Now get the hell off of my property!!! We're closed!" And that was it! He repaired cars and did state inspections for years after that, but never sold another drop of their gasoline!

2) Does anyone have an extra door and face for a Tokheim 39 "tall" pump? I definitely don't want or need NOS / mint / garage kept. This pump will also be repainted, outside in the weather, etc...

THANKS for the compliments on our garage! My wife and I and all our friends & neighbors really get a kick out of it!

6. spununit

spununit

Hey Yellowrr, when you ask how far south did Atlantic go I'm not sure if mean within the us, but they did come all the way down under. Atlantic was then taken over by Esso in the 1950s. Texaco were in Australia but changed to the Caltex name after WWII.

7. InPrimer

InPrimer

meteorman, The only one that comes to mind white/green is Sinclair had a Dino on the globe maybe so...

8. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

9. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

10. That's what I was thinking too, as you can see some faint stripes on your pump that look similar to 'old' Sinclair but the 'stripe style' is probably too old to be on a computer pump. Your stripes are horizontal, so I don't know.

[​IMG]

11. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

So whats the story on this J? Was it there when you bought the property,that would be so cool!

12. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

I think it was most likely a "Cities Service" brand. Here's a can with the same paint scheme. I'll try to post a pump and some logos.
    [​IMG]

13. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Hey Hammeredcoupe, got any Tequila hiding under one of them pumps? Look for me a GGs. would be good to see you again.

14. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

9"....There's a couple bottles to the right of the Flying =A= pump!:eek: See you in Puyallup! T[​IMG]

15. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Go over to oldgas.com and use the wanted section there. Seth Robbins is always on there and he has a pump salvage.

16. THANKS publicenemy1925! I've knocked around on the internet some, but never seem to be able to find someone willing to sell a single door (if they have any at all).

spununit... LOL, that IS pretty far south! Yeah, I meant here in the US, but I suppose that if anyone does get that technical with me I'll run them off of my property anyway!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  17. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

18. VendorAtCarShow.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  19. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I kind of forgot about this thread, but wanted to thank you guys for the research. Hammeredcoupe, the Cities brand is the closest match I've seen so far!
    Now I'll have to find me a can like yours!

20. [​IMG]
    last winter at my house

21. one word for this pic............MOVE!

22. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Heres another bowser chief sentry in mid restoration.Also a couple of curb pumps.Im told the clock faced ST Louis pump is pretty rare.If anyone has any info please PM me

Attached Files:

23. This is a great thread! [​IMG]

24. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Kansas...Dust in the wind nice pun:D

25. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

my uncle, 1950

Attached Files:

26. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Rescued this May West for $50 bucks 2 years a go.

[​IMG]