Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas Light or Brookville: '32 Fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Finally decided to lose the glass fenders on the front of my steel 5 wdw. (After all, glass isn't "trad" is it?) Checked both Gas light and Brookville catalogs and find a considerable $ difference: $485 vs $600. At some point I believe B'ville was selling the GasLight pieces but, based on the current catalog description, they now make their own. Does any body have enough REAL personal exposure to the two to make a call as to which to buy? $115 each ought to buy a significant quality difference.

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I bought a pair of the Brookville ones. I was not impressed. They fit terrible :eek:

My coupe has the original Henry Ford issued frame under it ... and the fenders were off at least 1/2 of a inch where the fender meets the frame ... at the running board. A big pie cut piece was going to be required ... so rather than beat on, cut and weld on the new " REPRO " fenders ... I just dug thru my stash and got two decent ones ( from Henry ) and fixed them.

[​IMG]

The fellow I sold the Brookville fenders to also had the same issue but not quite as bad. He fixed them because he did not have a
    " stash " of Henry fenders to pick thru :D He is fairly HAPPY with them.

3. Dave did some trading with Deuce Roadster and he had to do a lot of cutting and reshaping to get the fenders to line up correctly,,they look good now but as pricey as they are you would expect them to fit better. HRP

[​IMG]

4. racemad55

racemad55

Using gaslight from midwest early ford,had a good "closeout" price at carlisle 2 years ago,had to add a pie shaped piece on pass. side where it meets running board, about 1/2 inch on outside down to nothing.