Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage sale find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chrysler, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I found this at a garage sale Saturday and thought about it for my unborn grandchild and couldn't pass on it. I have never seen a mustang steel pedal car before. After putting thought to it I'm going to sale it and go find a fire truck pedal car instead as my son in law is a volunteer fireman and my unborn grandchilds name is going to be Dash after a brand of fire trucks. Does anyone on here have a link to a good source for pedal cars parts? I want to restore one when I find the right one.

Attached Files:

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice find , appreciate you thinking about your grandson, thats what life is all about.. your a great dad ...

3. 53 effie

53 effie

If I remember correctly, one of the classic Mustang parts suppliers used to have parts for the Mustang pedal cars as well. Darned if I could tell you which though..

4. saltracer219

saltracer219

I believe it is or was Scott Drake, Bob's brother. He does repro Mustang parts.

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

"instep" makes new repops, can be gotten pretty cheap and dont need rust repair.
    That mustang is cool, totally dig the 3 speed shifter!

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

7. drflex

drflex

i'd be interested in the mustang lmk

8. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

The GT, These cars are the ONLY Shelby fully licensed pedal cars by Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Company and will include a certificate of authenticity that just made my day:)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  9. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

What a great website! The Divco Milk Trucks are awesome....

10. you're gonna love restoring an old pedal car, i just finished mine, and i had loads of fun working on it. just take time and find a good solid one.

11. oldolds

oldolds

Did a lot of pedal cars years ago. Used to be Texas Pedal Car company. I will do a search to see if they are still around.
    Here is a link to a parts supplier. Couldn't find Texas guys.
    http://www.pedalcar.net/amfe503.html

12. indyjps

indyjps

Pedalcar.com start looking for a 508-519 murray AMF firetruck. I passed on one in an auction, it was the mexican version, no different than the US except for graphics, I'm kicking myself for not buying it

13. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I can't wait to find the right one as I want to do it up with the grandchilds name on the door. I want to paint it the same red as my 60 Merc and take it to car shows and let my grandchild park it next to the Merc and enter it in the shows as well. My grandchild will be a car kid I'll make sure of that. I already bought a noisy toy as well just to make my daughter and son in law's day. I'm only 46 but can not wait to be a grandpa.

14. pastlane

pastlane

Fire trucks are all over. Make the Mustang over into the fire chiefs car.

15. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

That crossed my mind.

16. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I know that they re-make the Mustang pedal car and was told that they originally were dealer promos. My brother in law has an original one that was give to his parents from the Ford dealer back in the day.

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Must be rare, I've never seen another...Here's a shot of a "Mustang" I did for my number one son 36 years ago...it sits in my living room nowadays...still as shiny as the day I painted it...

R-
    [​IMG]

18. COOP

COOP

If I'm not mistaken, "ol speedy Bill at Speedway Motors has a supply of pedal car parts. In fact I believe he has a catalog. Lotsa luck, those pedal cars are fun, addicting, but fun.

19. banjorear

banjorear

I have one of these in my basement. It was from when I was kid. After awhile, we used it for a "demolition derby" car for a while. We had a lot of good times in that car.

20. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

The one feature I loved about this pedal car is the 3 speed shifter on the side. I have never seen a shifter on another pedal car. It doesn't do anything but it does ad a cool look to it.

21. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

When used properly in conjunction with motor mouthing it can lend authenticity to chirping second.

22. Luckey7

Luckey7

Cool!!! Make sure to do a build along when you decide to do it. I'd like to see the end result!!

23. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I just picked up an old pedal car for my boy last sunday at the fitchburg swap meet! for $40 bucks I couldn't pass on it. Mine is a 1959-1974 garton mark V ladder company truck. needs a blasting and a couple cracks welded but it's decent. all the mechanical parts are good.

speedway does have many parts as I have been looking. I noticed lots of mustang stuff so you should be good to go. I would definitely do it up as a fire chief or police officer's car.

the one I picked up looks just like this one, but i'm missing the windshield:

[​IMG]

24. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

25. Rockettruck

Rockettruck

I remember seeing a Mustang pedal car at the local Ford dealer as the new 64 1/2-65 Mustangs were coming out. I remember distinctly how it was displayed sitting on top of the old pull-out bottle Coke machine sitting in the showroom.

I think they were raffling it off...

26. banjorear

banjorear

What do you mean? Kicking that sucker into 3rd always made me pedal harder...

27. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Been getting a lot of hits to my website in the last two days from this thread.
    The pedal cars are nice, but the darned kids outgrow them so fast it isn't funny. That's why I like the Junior cars. Plus they are electric or gas powered!
    The Mustang JR is highly detailed compared to the pedal car also.

Here is a walkaround video of my 1966 gas powered Mustang JR
    http://youtu.be/0zf4Fyq1U4k

Speedy bill not only sells pedal car parts (and collects them) he has a large collection of JR cars also.

Attached Files:

• my66.jpg
      my66.jpg
      File size:
      173.1 KB
      Views:
  28. aaggie

aaggie

COOP is correct, Speedway sells complete cars and unpainted kits ready to finish.