Register now to get rid of these ads!

***Garage Find***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, May 20, 2009.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

A friend of a friend let me know about this 33' pickup after somone else found out about it and gave the widowed 40 yr. old a lowball offer. She had no idea of its worth and said her husband and uncle were going to build it for their 10 yr. old son. She said she's going to use the $$$$ to take her son to DisneyWorld as she has no idea on fixing the truck up. To my amazement there were 2 32' car grill shells in the Model A box which I took one while her uncle took the other. Best part is that she was just 30 miles from my house.

2. bryan6902

bryan6902

Pictures would be kinda cool, in addition to the great story, of course. Congrats on a sweet score!

3. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Did you get it? Pictures?

4. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

For some reason my pics didn't go thru?

Attached Files:

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice truck! Congratulations on being a desent guy and stepping up and paying a fair price. Be sure to give that kid a ride in it when you've got it done.

6. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I musta missed the price? :rolleyes: He just said he bought it and the other guy lowballed.

7. nice score dude!

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

nice score ! looks pretty solid ! whats the plans ? looks like a nice 32 shell also

9. Willy59

Willy59

A Chop and a Hemi is all it needs, nice score!

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Only the right front is a 14" general Jumbo...I've never seen a 14" artillery wheel. It has guide headlights and a 32' heavy axle and a box of brand new Bob Drake handles and mirrors. It's sitting on a bb frame which to me looks alright seeing that it'll have fenders on it. The Model A box will be swapped out fo a 33-34' version. I needed it like a hole in the head but couldn't let it get away and have someone being taken advantage of.

I have enough projects to keep me busy for at least a year before I can get started on it.

And yes, I told both her and her son that they'll be the first to be taken for a ride in it upon its completion. I'll probably have them pick out the body color when it comes that time.

11. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I've already done 2 hotrodded 34' trucks in the past 3 years. Since this one is in such good shape I intend on leaving the body stock with fenders and correct box which have the rear feners for. I'd like to use a vintage overhead motor such as an olds or another early Caddy nothing too hairy. Just a nice shop truck that will be driven and enjoyed. Make it simple enough that even you mother would drive it if there is such a thing. I forgot to mention it WILL have 3 pedals.

12. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Wow, Kirk you weren't lieing what a nice clean complete truck. I think your going to need a bigger garage. But you can never have enough old Fords.
    Mat

13. 50dodgeboy

50dodgeboy
    from California

14. Looks like a clean solid truck. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Crap....pure crap.

16. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Congratulations on the find ,she looks solid and cool!!:D

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats bud! See ya in a couple of weeks.:cool:

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yeah...but for different reasons.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  19. Crap!-Agreed.....I am just jealous! Get that baby on the road and out of the garage...you will gain great karma.

Nice score! You can fit alot of Bell's Brews in the back-way nice.

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

Nice truck... looks to be an easy save. I love that shell! Want to sell it?