Register now to get rid of these ads!

GALAXIES!!!!! Let's see some '60-'63's!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 17, 2006.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Guess what I bought!!!!

[​IMG]

Yep!

2. lgh1157

lgh1157

Wow !!!!! im soooo jealous bro, thats one of my all time favourites.

whats your plan, what are you thinking ?

i know this might be a strange question and you dont have to answer it if you dont want :

How much did you get that for ?

$3K - $5K ?
    $5K - $7K ?

Im thinking more because it looks so clean.

L

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Well, I'm getting a little pissed.

I flew down yesterday and test drove the car. It was pretty nice, but needs a tune up pretty badly, so I decided to tow it home. U-haul wouldn't rent me a truck and trailer because they said their books indicated that it wouldn't fit one their trailers or tow-dolley. So I tried Budget - no luck. Then I looked in the phone book for shippers (my last resort) and found one that WANTED to pick it up the same day. COOL! I went through all the BS paperwork and shit and then the seller drove me to the airport to make my return flight.

The shipping company said, and wrote on the forms, that it would be here by noon today. AWESOME, I thought!

Well, it's almost 6pm and still NO CAR. When I call their two numbers there's no answer. Not even an answering machine. I've had no call to update me...NOTHING! Again, I'm starting to get PISSED! I've been trapped in my house all day waiting for these fuckers.

4. RagDoll

RagDoll

Congrats Kirk! Can't wait to see it...not as much as you can't wait to see it your driveway for sure! LOL. Hope it shows up soon. I'd be all kinds of anxious and upset waiting around for those shippers!

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just got a call like 5 minutes ago (6:30pm). The guy says he's 2-3 hours away...DAMMIT! Then he says he doesn't have a map of my area...Jesus Christ! So it should be here around 9:00. Nothing like wasting a whole fucking day! I'm sure I'll be stoked when it gets here.

6. Does this count?

[​IMG]

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

NICE!!!

Have any spare parts???

8. ///

9. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great Cars..............

10. shaddow44

shaddow44

Those are some really beautiful cars guys, Makes me want to get to work on the 63. IF it wasn't 115 degrees outside.

11. No spare parts (where's my shirt?). This one's actually a customers (where's my shirt?). What kind of spare parts are you looking for? (where's my shirt?). Is there an echo in here?(where's my shirt?)

12. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Here ya go big guy.
    Slightly lower with a cleaned up front end.

Craig:cool:

Attached Files:

13. lgh1157

lgh1157

Hey Kirk,

Uhaul are assholes - we all know that.

When i bought my buick down from San Jose i told them i was towing a 88 Honda civic hatchback, that is the only way they will give you one of those trailers. They handle fine with a big old car on em though.

L

14. eric

eric

congrats on your new ride dude!!

15. guiseart

guiseart

my old one... sniff...

16. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

nice ride, brutha. i had the suede silver 60 oldsmobile parked directly behind ya' at this past Round Up down in Austin... the girlfriend and i couldn't stop admiring that interior. super top-notch. anyway, just wanted to say nice car and i appreciate the nice cruise on the way home up 35 that Sunday mornin'.. :)

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

Well it made it home around 9:30pm. With a new bad vibration in the front and at idle and a new severe pull to the left. Great. Well, at least it's in my driveway. Time to get started on the new ride.

Motor, trans, front suspension (dropped spindles, springs and disc brakes), Rear suspension (AirRide), Wheels (I'm thinking chrome steelies), interior (white tuck n' roll with blue piping), tube grille, shave the front corner "sights", paint (add blue scallops or two-tone to the pearl white), new sideglass (low priority).

18. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

anyone ever seen one of these?

[​IMG]

19. RagDoll

RagDoll

I'd be all kinds of upset at the new unwanted additions to the 'liner. But glad you got it home! Remind me to keep looking for info on some parts...I know of a guy who is 're-doing' one and taking all sorts or goodies (that you and I would keep) off of the car. And I mean ALL SORTS of things. I'll send you his info as soon as I find it in my black hole of a purse. Mary Poppins has nothing on me.

That said...post pics!!

20. macs55

macs55

Shit man not another one in the area. And I thought I was the only one. ;) But really congrats bro nice find. Not easy finding one of those, a nice one none the less. I know it is in good hands. I can't wait to see it. Now get off the computer and get to work on that thing.:D (in my best Napoleon Dynamite impression) "LUCKY" :D

21. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I remember your car and I love 60 olds' working on one now for a friend. yours was really kool I still can't believe its not chopped it just looked different,hey next year lets ceuize all the way to dallas together !!

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Congrats on the new ride Kirk.. looks like a great start

Hey another note, did you take the pic of the 62 Bubbletop gasser at Hershey (if so any more pics of the car,especially the roll bar..)

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think that's my shot. I know I shot it. I don't really know much about it. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner.

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

This IS the car I bought.

[​IMG]

25. I took this pic last year at a cruise night in Churchville, MD
    You can see the roll bar a little. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

26. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Sir, you got yerself a deal..!

LOVED everything about your ride, just simply LOVED it. Take care of yerself now..

27. RagDoll

RagDoll

YEAH....but NOT with you grinning up a storm in them, or IT parked at YOUR house. :D

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ahhh, Christina broke our camera. I'll get some soon.

29. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Congrats man, after seeing Coles Liner and then Macs, I found a love for them suckers!

Good Luck with it!!

Can't wait to see it at Billetproof!!

30. Attached Files: