Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gadjets for the sake of it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiders web, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiders web

spiders web

As an automotive business owner I often wonder why we have some of the crap on the new cars? Rain sensing wipers, headlights that turn on all by them selves, auto door locks(#@%$*&), and many other things that infuriate us at times. I wonder this because of a woman that called me just tonight from the grocery store. Seems the Chrysler vehicle she had rented for her vacation wouldn't let her start the car. "The light on the dash says the key is not recognized". I asked her if she was carrying the key or her husband? She replied the husband had the keys in his pocket. Does he carry a magnetic money clip in the same pocket I asked? Why yes he does she replied, to which I replied that the magnet had decoded the key. What was wrong with a regular key? Do the engineers think all this tech is helping? You know, the only thing an engineer is qualified to do, is drive a train. Who thought this was a sound idea and why do we put up with it? I realize this is off topic but I was just curious.:confused:

2. hell i had an motor on my cowel vent in the 52

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

No apologies necessary here!

I carry my roadster keys in my front pocket...(Gennie Levi's, 501s)
    I have a magnetic money clip, and my roadster key got behind the fold-over part and was 'lost!'
    My roadster is 'Traditional Old School', so I was able to disconnect the ground wire at the Vertex mag and light it. (it 'grounds' via a 5 prong relay)

I'm a firm believer in being (or 'becoming') the 'engineer' in all things owned.
    The government doesn't have an 'On Star' on my Hemi Roadster, F100, or anything else I own.
    I doubt the head 'kahuna' even drives...so why give him the key?
    Wake up, Boys. Back to points & condensers.

4. Leviman

Leviman

Gadgets sell. They build what sells. It seems that currently we're in a gadget race, but it seems to be beginning to come to an end.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like rods and kustoms. Why are we talking about new cars?

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.