Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funny Car Reunion road trip w/ the Rumblers PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoman, Jul 30, 2006.

1. repoman

repoman

Today I had the chance to meet up with the Rumblers, and check out the Funny Car Reunion at E-Town.
    I had a kick-ass time. The ride there and back was as much fun as the show. The way it should be.

We started out meeting in Manville, NJ. Home to Mike47. The ride started out normal enough.
    All the cars were running great. It was about 95 degrees, and very humid, especially in my pants.

Barry's Olds was the only one (of five) cars that had working turn signals.
    [​IMG]

Between this pic, and the next, some old jerkoff douchebag,
    decided to take a right hand turn into a shopping center from the left lane of the highway. He cut off Johnny Rumbler.
    Johnny had the pickup sideways on two wheels to avoid him. I thought the trip was about to turn real bad seeing this in front of me.
    He made it without a crash. However, his generator/water pump belt decided at that time to call it a day.
    The tossed belt was put back on on the shoulder, and we headed to the Pep Boys 5 miles up the highway to get a replacement. It got a bit chewed up on the way off.

The belt tossed again a mile from the parts store.

This turned into unscheduled rally at a Sleepy's parking lot where we met up with a few of the NYC Rumblers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Petey threatened to set all the mattresses on fire if he didn't get a roadster ride.

So we pushed him around the parking lot until he took a nap.

[​IMG]

I can't explain this next photo. It is the HAMB caption contest of the month.
    [​IMG]

Before too long, we were at E-town. Shane managed to reserve a nice line of spaces right in the front row by the track.
    We seemed to get more traffic of gawkers that the funny cars.

[​IMG]

Mike's roadster was especially popular...
    Especially with the local HAM (not HAMB) radio operators.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, FUNNY CARS!

[​IMG]

More to come...

2. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Nice pics Repo. I had no idea you even took them. Caption contest? Looks like Rick is about to knock my teeth out for my umbrella comment. So how about "BAM!!!"

3. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

more pics. i cant believe i missed it this year :( any good altereds there this year?

that section of rt 18 sucks ass. especially with the new (aka not so new, always been there, forever...and ever..) construction

4. repoman

repoman

The interior of Dave Sano's car.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the blurry pic, but this swiss-cheese framed straight-eight powered altered was one of my favorites.
    [​IMG]

http:A wild 66 Chevelle rear engine car with barn fresh paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Willys in the staging lanes.
    [​IMG]

Jungle Pam backing up the USA-1 funny car.
    [​IMG]
    Another shot of Jungle Pam.
    [​IMG]

Well done hemi.
    [​IMG]

Early digger. HABMster builders take notes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nunzi's 62 Catalina SD. Correct SD heads, and check out that FACTORY tunnel ram!
    [​IMG]

My brother-in-law pointed this out to me. These skanks were the Bud girls. It seems their job was to sell beer.
    [​IMG]

I still have more! Sorry dial-up folks.

Next up, the ride home.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pics. Any chance you have some more of the '41-'46 Chevy pick-em-up ???

6. repoman

repoman

That's Petey's truck (PeteyNJ). I have some highway action shots on the way.

7. Great pix- Make mine Bud.

8. repoman

repoman

We rolled out of E-town around 5. The NYC Rumblers wanted to stop for some "Cheap NJ gas".

Driving behind Mike reminded me of that old video game "Out Run". The light car catches air on good bumps. I was waiting for him and his wife to fly out, then flip over and jump back in.

[​IMG]

I tried to take a shot of the trail of cars behind me. It turned into an artsy photo.

[​IMG]

Here's pics from the run up 18. I seemed to be the only vehicle with a working speedo. Mike was surprised to hear we were doing 90 for a stretch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dropped off after New Brunswick.

I forgot my sunscreen. If that wasn't dumb enough, I decided to walk around without my shirt for awhile. I'm paying for it now. I'm a red bastard.

That's all of them.

9. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

I tried to take a shot of the trail of cars behind me. It turned into an artsy photo.

[​IMG]

I forgot my sunscreen. If that wasn't dumb enough, I decided to walk around without my shirt for awhile. I'm paying for it now. I'm a red bastard.

That's all of them. [/b][/QUOTE]Repo, did you read the sign you took a pic. of ? "donate your car" I think your trying to tell us all something, maybe? I too failed to apply my sunscreen product in the effective window of time to avoid exposure (fancy words that mean I'm a dumb ass). My neck and face are as red as the DEATHTRAP. Can't wait to do it again at the Asbury show!

10. repoman

repoman

Dumb luck on that 'DONATE IT' pic! We were doing about 50 on Englishtown road when I snapped that.

I'm already peeling. I look like I was boiled.

11. Da Biffster

Da Biffster

It was 25 years ago I took my lovely wife (then girlfriend) to the Englishtown Vintage drags, it was one of our best vacations. Left there on sunday and cruised down the coast to O.C. Md. We would have liked to go this year, oh well maybe next year....... and with a hot rod too... I still can't get used to saying that. Seeing the pictures really got me goin, thanks

12. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

The barn fresh Chevelle was very famous in it's day, sponsored by Gratiot Auto Supply and driven by Maynard Rupp

13. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

A few more pictures

Attached Files:

14. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

The yellow Malibu SS looked exactly the same in the Hershey Flea Market about 10 years ago.

Attached Files:

15. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

More from under the tent.

Attached Files:

16. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Misc...

Attached Files:

17. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Floppers

Attached Files:

18. beegator

beegator

Thank you for posting the wonderful pics. Especially the N/FCs (my personal favorite). :D Rocky's Boss is awesome.

19. Spike!

Spike!

Good to see all Youz New Yawkers on Sunday. See ya again at Asbury and Brooklyn.

Spike

20. TINGLER

TINGLER

More pics please....:)

Seriously, I could look at pics like that all day.

Thanks for taking the time to post them AND tell the story behind them.

I love it!

21. peteynj

peteynj
    from Jersey

i got it in my garage i ll take any pics you want

22. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

How come you didn't bring that fancy camera to E-town and take some cool pix.? And your going to need a bigger garage!