Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FUNNIEST THING OVERHEARD AT CRUISE OR SHOW?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46stude

46stude

Had she just watched Death Race 2000??

2. I have been known to get the same way as that lady, when my social security check is late.

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. embyman68

embyman68

Oldsmobile Omega...:)

4. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Wish I could tell you they get better about that. .. but that would be a lie:)

Hitchhiker likes this.
  5. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

My old car club went to a show at a water park in New Jersey some years ago and I was parked beside a Corvair.....young guy-early teens- said to his buddy "Look" this car has an engine in the back too!!!!!...we all had a good laugh at that.....stan

mad mikey likes this.
  6. HB.

HB.
    from East TN

Not at a show but on the way to a cruise in I stopped for gas in my 62 bel air. Had an older guy come up to me and ask what year it was, I told him a 62 and he proceeded to say "no...I think that's a 64." Yeah, you're right..I have no idea what year the car I'm driving is.

7. H.B. Yea another know it all. lol. Bruce.

mad mikey likes this.
  8. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

A little OT here --> Me, being the eternal smart-ass, when I see a late model GTO (2004-06) because of the blase~ styling, I make the comment to whomever I'm with --> "Nice COBALT!!"

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    bobss396 and mad mikey like this.
  9. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Maybe she just finished playing Grand Theft Auto on her grandsons X Box!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    59Apachegail and mad mikey like this.
  10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

With my shoebox I stop for gas and a fellow says I think I know what you started with! I say I think I remember too!

11. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Just tell them you are going to paint it Dove Grey. See if they figure it out.

The Hot Rod Grille likes this.
  12. southerncad

southerncad

I was putting gas in my '49 (see avatar) and a lady hollered at me "Hey, don't put gas in the tail light"....I hollered back that it makes them brighter when I put on the brakes....she just drove off shaking her head.

BradinNC, hotrodharry2, pat59 and 5 others like this.
  13. Southerncad.Now that's FUNNY!!!!! LOL. Bruce.

14. A bloke walks up and says "I remember when this car was new, and it was driving around the streets of this town"- When I answered that they didn't sell these here (1960 Caddy), and this car was in L.A. until 2 years ago, he wouldn't beleive me. Hell, what do I know, I only had it shipped from the U.S. for laughs!

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  15. Slopok

Slopok

On more than one occasion I've had people say to me that their Grandfather had a Hudson just like yours but it didn't have the big fire sticker on it :rolleyes:.

16. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I went to one of our garage nights , where Rodders (?) get together and tinker or BS about whatever. My Truck was nearly done as far as I build them, I had splurged and bought some extra chrome goodies, building it my way. Well part of group I overheard "Chrome is out" I was more than upset, haven't been back, as I feel part of them are "Wanna Be Rodders" As a Rodder, everyone builds it their way dependent on budget, taste etc. I don't think anything is ever out, just not my style and therefor keep my mouth shut and enjoy other Rodders tastes.

Attached Files:

little red 50, dan c and Capt Chap like this.
  17. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Well said,
    I feel the same way. There are a lot of styles I dont care for. Especially the jacked up Dub style cars. But the builders still take a lot of care to build them the way they want it.
    I can appreciate the care for the craft.
    Would never tell someone they should have done this or that to their ride. It always gets under my skin when someone tells me I should do what suits their taste to mine.

18. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Next time, tell them that it was only offered on the top-of-the-line models.

Slopok likes this.
  19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Whats a ""Dub style cars"" ?

chevy57dude likes this.
  20. Slopok

Slopok

Pimp shit, 20 inch wheels and rubber bands for tires.

21. Is that like what circus clowns drive when not at work? Sounds terrible!

22. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

This one is for all the guys that own a car they make a glass reproduction of... Buddy an I back in the 90's went to a weekly car gathering, parked are car's in the general parking, mine was a heavily modified 356 Outlaw, I had started to walk away as my buddy was walking by my car two fellows had walked up an were thinking it to be a kit car, buddy simply replys, That car's so real You don't know what the F' to think, an kept on walking...

Attached Files:

mad mikey likes this.
  23. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Saw some the other day looked like 28's:eek:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. Oh man, thanks for that...that is the best laugh I've had this week!

25. Seb - You get extra points for not knowing what Dubs are.
    Just guessing, you don't get to Baltimore, MD much. The city is full of 'em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.