Register now to get rid of these ads!

fun local rag car article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Nov 13, 2011.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

The San Francisco Chronicle has a segment where they let people (mostly locals from what I have seen) post stories about their cars and I caught a nice one this morning from Rich Guasco. I don't know him personally but he is apparently the owner of Pure Hell which I do at least know about and I think I chatted with him at The SF Rod and Customs show a few years back when he had it there. My guess is he is a member here and hope he doesn't mind me posting this for others outside the bay area to enjoy. My guess is he is a member on here. Would be surprised if not. If you are Rich and want me to can this, just send me a note and I will.

enjoy:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/13/MT6K1LTV0G.DTL

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool read,Thanks for sharing.

3. fatkoop

fatkoop

I met Rich @ the Colorado Goodguys a couple years ago. A longtime hero of mine and a really nice guy. HE is what hot rodding is all about to me. Builds em, drives em, drags em, and enjoys the whole thing. A down to earth guy who could probably teach most of us a thing or two about this hobby. He should write a book.

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for posting. Rich is a big part of drag racing history for sure.

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

So that's what a "rag car" looks like! ;)