Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Full White Paint Jobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SFO, Aug 5, 2014.

1. clem

clem

I like white cars. In fact in your original post I prefer the white over the car in your avatar. Just my personal opinion. I still don't get the satin black colour thing. All comes down too the fact that we are individuals. Please post pics when you have it all done.

2. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

I love white cars ,there are some beautiful pearls and fine flakes out there. Lexus's have some killer whites !

Attached Files:

lucky likes this.
  3. I had a 64 Falcon with Cragars in solid white, a 60s drag car look, that I thought looked right. My opinion is on a 50s custom white needs a little color in the form of scallops or maybe the roof painted a different color.
    I say that but I see a few customs I like in solid white, but I think it is because they just turned out superior.

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

IMAG0625.jpg

This actually a very very very very very light gray epoxy...Which I call white...

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Sweet 39 Edited.jpg
    This OT 39 was painted with refrigerator white with pearl added about 1989. Even though the graphics are dated I think the car needs the graphic since all of the chrome was removed.

I have made a few observations after many years of driving this car.
    1. You cannot drive a white car without sunglasses.
    2. The darn thing will blind you.
    3. Your gaps need to be much better with white cars since all gaps are highlighted against the white.
    4. White also is a good color for cars with so - so body work.
    5. The people looking at it the are blinded by the suns reflection and cannot see all of the highs and lows in your body work.
    6. You don't have to constantly wipe the dust off of the car during a car show.
    7. Bugs seem to love white and yellow cars. Because the pearl was added to the clear it makes it near impossible to to make road rash repairs.

This was my second white street rod. The first was a 50 Chevy pick up painted Cadillac white diamond. That was a great off the shelf color. Much easier to match and repair road rash on. Like some of the guys have said it's your car paint it the color you want to and drive the wheels off it!

6. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

[​IMG]
    Toyota Super White. Best things about white paint is it is easy to keep clean, and if you avoid pearls and flakes it is easy to respray trouble spots.

7. I own both a Solara convertible in Pearl White, a Tacoma p.u. in Super White and a '99 Eldorado in White Diamond Metl. I also had a '57 Bel Air all white. The Bel Air was a stock GM bright white used in GM passenger cars in the 60's. That white was sooo pure, it really grabbed your eyes.
    Very striking colors on all 4 cars.
    I won't show pictures of the color on my cars because the Off Topic Police will get on my case but you may PM me for a look.
    I say go for the white, be unique.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If you want a white that is really white and pops quite more so than other whites that can appear slightly yellow, take a look at the Oxford white that was used on the 2004 SVT Cobra mustangs.
    Very nice.

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wimbledon was always a favorite, just the right amount creamy tint to set it off from 'white' white.

10. Here is my white 56 Dodge truck with black accents I wanted to be different from the black and white that seems so common today. IMG_20140714_154751.jpg

clem likes this.
  11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

My gasser I like to call Blizzard White

Click on it to enlarge pic.

Attached Files:

12. White is 'clean'-works best with a little contrasting accent-either inside or outside

Attached Files:

13. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Yep... That's what color I painted my old F100... The Brightest White I could find... Too White for some people..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]