Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Full fendered forever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Mar 4, 2016.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^ Yellow, and on the cover of a "Little Pages" magazine. Bob

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Correct, it was known as the "Lemon T". I had the pleasure of listening to Cliff tell his story when he was inducted into the GVMPS hall of fame, what a character!

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

4. Does the sign in front of that T say "this car is under coated"?

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It does.

6. Ok lets speculate because we are HAMBers and speculation is one thing we do well.

Am I the only one who thinks that this just might be a photoshopped photo. :D :D

[​IMG]

I know that there must be a big assed sky hook out there someplace. :D

dwollam, brad2v and falcongeorge like this.
  7. Aw come on Beanno, surely no one would do that. It's likely a high torque banger motor.

8. Squablow

Squablow

Inspired by this thread, themoose was nice enough to add fenders to an in-progress shot of my T roadster. I don't think I'll actually do it but it's neat to see what it'd look like, actually not bad at all.

fenders.jpg

dwollam, D.Lee, brad2v and 3 others like this.
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Honestly, I like that way better.:)

05snopro440 likes this.
  10. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

013 (4).JPG Just had the fenders put on mine this winter.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  11. Rand Man

Rand Man

I'm guessing the Model A in post #277 is the same one in post #165. I like the tuck-n-roll roof. Very early '60's touch.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

13. And I might say it looks superb.

14. 60 Special

60 Special
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

That 33/34 5 window with the Ardun (?) white rolled and pleated interior, Texico station in the background, looks like the "owner" (in the official uniform) with his honey by his side is a classic! I remember those days!! So cool!

15. I keep finding stuff in my photo albums. Lobecks sedan and then his roadster. My old '34 sedan and P-woods 3winder. The red deuce was built by Bill Metz in the 70's (all these were taken back then) 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 022.JPG

16. #fullfenderedforever #fullfenderedfriday

image.jpeg

17. I thought he was just towing a really heavy trailer! :D

falcongeorge likes this.
  18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I don't know how you could not run fenders after seeing it like that. Wow.

brad2v and falcongeorge like this.
  19. I like it. I think that a hood or hood top would finish it out well, but I still like it as is. ;)

[​IMG]

This little truck or one along these lines could be found anywhere in any high school parking lot when I was a kid. Mixed wheels wrecking yard looking tires, weathered paint and brand new fresh flames. It is probably still running a flathead and the 3 speed. This is a classic 'beaner ride right here. ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    falcongeorge likes this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

WOW! What a great looking 32!

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am not really a fenderless "hater" I just feel like it is way overdone these days, but Squablow, thats gorgeous.I realize getting some Model A fenders and getting them straight and mounting them and so on is a hell of a lot of work, but MAN, that is just outstanding! And it totally separates it from the rest of the herd!

brad2v likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

View attachment 3160593 [/QUOTE]

OK
    Now I know how the "roadster crowd" can be (or always was) a bit "uppity" when it came to acknowledging the Cabriolet, but Cripes all mighty is this red Cab a beauty.
    I'm a hiboy kind of guy (any body style), but this car should be the "poster child" for singing the praises of the lowly Cabriolet.

23. About 35 years after Dickie Carroll finished his '34 Roadster, he finally reunited it with it's fenders. Here's before and after. 79nats_1.jpg IMG_2809.JPG IMG_2810.JPG

Attached Files:

bonesy likes this.
  24. I have to agree. The cabrio seems like a step child in most circles (hope no ones offended by that). One reason I'm looking to sell/buy.
    OK
    Now I know how the "roadster crowd" can be (or always was) a bit "uppity" when it came to acknowledging the Cabriolet, but Cripes all mighty is this red Cab a beauty.
    I'm a hiboy kind of guy (any body style), but this car should be the "poster child" for singing the praises of the lowly Cabriolet.
    [/QUOTE]

25. I can't tell you the number of times I have been riding shotgun and he's gotten it sideways.

ack.jpg I finally got a chance to drive it part of the way home from Lou'vul, back in '99. Let's just say, romping on the loud pedal of a 454 powered roadster was quite a different feeling than mashing the pedal in my 283 powered '40 coupe.

OL 55 and timwhit like this.

26. That's about the hue of green I want to paint my 34