Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel pressure ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn-core, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Barn-core

Barn-core

What kind of fuel pressure should I be running? I am running a 2.3 4-banger with one of those cheapie little square electric fuel pumps, 5 1/16 line, and a two barrel. I have a fuel pressure regulator that ranges from 5 to 1 psi., what should I be running at? Thanks, Barn-core.

2. 47bob

47bob

94 or 97 no more than 2psi. i,m not sure about other carbs.

3. What carb do you have?

If it's a modern 2-barrel, or relatively modern, at any rate, 4 psi will be OK for normal driving. If it launches pretty well & the power-to-weight ratio is pretty good, you may need more like 7. Assuming you keep your foot in it. :D

4. Barn-core

Barn-core

It's a "modern" 2 barrel, stock Motorcraft. It's all in a light weight T-bucket, and from my first trip around the block last night, it moves pretty good, and yes, I have a lead foot.

5. I'd stay at 4 or 5, then. If it works, fine...if you seem to be fuel-starved shortly after hammering it, try using a Holley in-line regulator (or Mallory, whatever fits yer taste & budget) & going to 6-7 lbs. Sounds neat. :)