Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Cells have sumps just for every last drop right ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awsomeears, Mar 16, 2012.

1. awsomeears

awsomeears

I will be installing a fuel cell soon and noticed some have sumps and some do not, whats the reason ?

Lowest point possible ?

Also when hooked up I can just install a simple holley blue inline pump correct ?

When installing a sump is it a given that you will be cutting a 4" x 4" hole in the trunk floor ?

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Sumps are mounted at the rear-most and lowest part of the tank to allow for the most gravitational pressure on the inlet side of the external fuel pump. This helps the fuel pumps efficiency. Sumps are really only required in high-power cars that require massive fuel delivery systems. The average hot rod or street car won't really benefit, but it wouldn't hurt.

They aren't made just to get the last drop out of the tank. On any fuel system, going past that last drop could be catastrophic.

Any external pump will work with a sump. They are usually equipped with threaded AN bungs for easy plumbing.

If your tank is above the floor, then yes.

3. awsomeears

awsomeears

Well that sums it up.......

I'm assuming the non sumped versions have a pickup tube that goes to the bottom..

Thanks Texas...