Register now to get rid of these ads!

frustrated new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Luweee b, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Luweee b

Luweee b

Hello H.A.M.B I am louie and I own a 1963 Buick Riviera. So far its been a pain in the ass trying to get it on the road. The engine that was in there threw a rod through the side of the engine block. So there was and engine the previous owner had taken out of a 1964 RIV. Ran the numbers on both engines and I am pleased to say (sarcastically) neither engine belongs to a Riv. The engine that threw a rod is out of a 1962 Buick . 1962 what? I don't know. The engine out of the 1964 Buick is out of a 1961 Buick. Again, Out of what? No clue. I have had some people telling me to just put a Chevy S.B. 350 or put and L.S. engine. I didn't want to do that. I found a couple of turn key 401 nail head engines for sale but for what they want to charge to rape me.....sorry I meant to say charge I can get a 350 with transmission that's ready to go. I'm at a crossroads if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. I would put the SBC in there and get the car on the road. It's never going to be all original and frankly who cares. Once it's on the road, you can continue to scout around for a suitable nailhead if that's what you want. I bet you'll be enjoying the car so much you'll forget about the nailhead. Good luck whichever way you go.:)

KJSR, Truckdoctor Andy and Petejoe like this.
  3. bhemi

bhemi

1959 to 1966 401 nailheads are all pretty much the same. Get a short block and rebuild yours. Where are you located?