Register now to get rid of these ads!

front engine DRAGSTERS. lets see em...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

last

Attached Files:

2. My old Pontiac car. Sold it two years ago....built it in '63.

Attached Files:

3. hlhpa

hlhpa

DO you have any construction shots? I want to build one, just need more ideas.

4. hlhpa

hlhpa

I want to build one just like it. I need more pictures of frame and rear end construction.and any other pictures you have. I have a Chassis research narrowed rear end and that looks like a Chassis research frame, with 2 1/2'' or 3''frame.
    thanks

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Here's some.Al Bergler's "More Aggravation" is almost done. It was just lettered today. There is also a small shot of the front of Larry Payne's "Gang Green" that's in the process of being restored.

Attached Files:

6. This is all I have.....can't believe I looked like that 43 years ago. :)

Attached Files:

7. CyberWalt

CyberWalt
    from Reno, NV

Here's the link to a new web site devoted to the Cacklefest dragsters. There's a lot of history and photos of some of the great old diggers.

www.cacklefest.com

CyberWalt

OkieIvory235 likes this.
  8. Here ya go...

Attached Files:

9. BTTT I know it's tech week but...

Some cool digger stuff I had forgotten was posted.

10. Still looking for any history on this one, anybody????

[​IMG]

11. From back in the day

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
  12. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Gopher Timing Assn. twin gas dragster. Recently restored by Don Groff (pictured on the right, red cap, 50's sweatshirt).

13. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

14. xbtnikx

xbtnikx

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    yeah man, sell me the '55 to get these things rolling!

15. schino

schino
    from trenton nj

heres a pic of a FED im buildin thats using a 4 link with a single coilover and sway bar between your legs. [​IMG]

16. Here is a picture of me taken in winter of 1971 with my home brewed flathead dragster......

Was moving it to a different location....tow car is/was my 1968 Ford Mustang coupe.

The rail ran best time of 10.4 seconds @ 147 mph on gas.

Engine 1953 Merc truck block....with all the tricks!

Bored and stroked to 301 cu. in.

ported, polished, 4x2 strombergs, edelbrock manifold and heads, vertex magneto, weber clutch/flywheel, lincoln/zepher toploader trans(2-3 shift), narrowed 40ford rear end w/4.11's, etc., etc.

Enjoy, Ian in canada

Attached Files:

17. Brucebodyman

Brucebodyman
    from Michigan

Here's one I bought last summer. Has a 1953 6 Cyl chevy in it. I plan on restoring it this year. looking for info on it. Looks like it's home built.

Attached Files:

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very cool I love homebuilds.....I have one also.

19. Gearhd69

Gearhd69

Here is a couple of pics of Jimi Young's dragster. My son was able to hang out with him and his crew at The Blue Suede Cruise a couple of years ago and he had a blast.

Attached Files:

20. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Show more please. Pretty funny, I was gonna pull this up cuz I dig it, and was drooling... last post a little while ago. Cool!

21. schino

schino
    from trenton nj

I only have a couple newer pictures of the rear of the chassis with suspension pieces in place but most of that design has changed because it weighed a lot and all torsion was through a 1.375 .375 wall chromoly tube and i didnt like that idea to much.. the new style is similar to what some of the rear engine guys are using where it has an x between lower 4 link bars for your track bar and then two a frames that come up over the drive shaft from the lower 4 link bars that then mounts to the shock which sits horizontal.. everything triangulated.. goals are to build up a small displacement sbc that will turn 10k and could launch this little beast at 8k or so and hopefully hook with this setup

22. rooman

rooman

I finished this one over the past weekend. 225" wheelbase, motor 47 out and down. It will have a 630" big block, hat injected with nitrous when it hits the track.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Might get back to this one. Hung it on the wall for the meantime. 1958 Buick 364. Don't have any history on this one. Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Fedman

Fedman

[​IMG]

Here is our FED that we run in Top Dragster in Div6

25. One of the nicest "modern" FED's I've ever seen. Great job

26. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I like this!

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Out front of my old house/shop.

Attached Files:

28. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

My all time HERO lot's of pics( htt//twotogo.homestead.com/GoldenGreek1.html ) Long live the CHIZLER!!

29. Even though this thread is several years old, it looks like folks still like to look at old digger photos. I took these in '62 at Island, Atco, and York. Most are Lynwood, Chassis Engineering K-88 or TE-440 or even a couple home built. Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008