Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front engine dragster build advice =)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheTumbleweeds, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TheTumbleweeds

TheTumbleweeds
    from Sweden

[​IMG]Im building a Front engine dragster, and want this look!!!

Im just wondering, what tranny should you recomend? Or just a clutch?

Can you guys bring pics and some advice?

The engine is hopefully running before cristmas =)

Thanks

2. search
    FED
    Front engine dragster
    dragster frames
    etc etc etc, King Chassis did a super nice write up on chassis construction and there are a ton of threads explaining what others are running and why.
    hope it helps
    [​IMG]

3. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

If it were me, an early ford 3 speed with zephyr gears. Set up as a smoker using 2nd and high gear.

4. Depends.............

Do you want to push start? Have reverse? Shift? Shift more than once? What gear you going to run in the rear?

5. I have a clutch can for sale see my sig. Read what Conder has to say about real FEDs.

6. oj

oj

There was a reproduction TE440ish chassis for sale just in the past few days, search the classifieds. The builder said he made two of them and was cutting one loose while doing a build-out on the other and his combo will likely similiar to what you want. Go search the classifieds.

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Contact Mike Wagner at cornfield customs in Ohio ,He buildt my TE440 style chassis, really nice piece, and good prices his no. is 513-545-2910 Tim Jones

8. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Attached Files:

9. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

If it were mine, a 2 speed aluminum case powerglide would be my choice. They are short, fairly compact and can be built to take the abuse. But, most FED's that short just use a clutch can, takes some playing to figure out the rpm to launch at and getting the clutch slipping just right though I bet.