Register now to get rid of these ads!

From where i get parts for this car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rekord60, Aug 10, 2013.

1. rekord60

rekord60
    from Qatar

i checked this site before , i sent them an email and asked to join the club and asked them about Kapitan parts , but they dont answer me :(

i sent them twice , first time before 5 months mybe or more !

last time before 1 month

Thanks dude

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Many Holdens have been derived from Opel-developed platforms since the '70s, notably the GM T, J, and V platforms.

In South Africa, GM began phasing out the Chevrolet marque in favour of Opel from the late '70s. Before then we had several Holden, Opel, and Vauxhall-based models with some unique panels and Chevrolet badges. These were manufactured locally and sold alongside imported Opels and Vauxhalls. Apparently Opel of Russelheim refused to allow GMSA to market anything as an Opel that didn't have an Opel engine in it, which meant that the mid-'80s Chevrolet Rekord, which had a 153 cu.in. Chevy II engine, abruptly became an Opel Rekord when they started to fit the 2-litre Opel engine instead.

It's only recently that there have been new Chevrolets here, mostly based on Holden and Daewoo designs.

I wonder if the Australian Opel thing was an attempt at a "sophisticated European" option, which canny Australians spotted immediately as exactly the same as a Holden but more expensive. I can't say that I know much about modern Holdens or Opels, though.

3. Rem

Rem

Hey, what's the weather like there now? I might have to go to Doha for work in a couple of weeks, and being English, I'm not used to very hot weather :)

4. ventilo

ventilo

5. EAE

EAE
    from sweden

There's another source in Sweden
    www.facebook.com/OpusMotor
    phone 46 0246 20042
    Problem is that I've heard its an older guy that runs it and I'm not
    sure how good he is in english.
    Try to find owners clubs in Scandinavia or northern Europe and see if they can help you.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I'd like to see an Opel Diplomat with the 327 Chev V8. They were selling against the Mercedes and BMW in the sixties.