Register now to get rid of these ads!

from henry j to 1934 chevy 5 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Aug 2, 2013.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

guys I just sold my '53 henry j I had for 14 years. It took me 3 years to restore, and finished it in 2003. i'll miss that littls beauty. but now i'm more into streetrods, traditionals. like my flathead '31 ford coupe. and '33 willys. i'm picking up this '34 chevy 5 window coupe this week. its set-up for small block and th 350 short tail. has a Lincoln versilles 9" disc brake rear, 11" front disc. mustang 2. hooker block hugger power coated headers. hurst shifter slightly chop, 1" and body channeled over frame by 3", stock hood shortened 3", and grill hieght shortened 1" steel body, fiberglas fenders and running boards. also has the kit for the top. here's a pic of it.:)

Attached Files:

2. That's one good looking Chevy. Does it still have the original wood or has it been replaced with steel?

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

nice looking chev.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

nice looking chevy.

5. jan bogert

jan bogert

no, it has 61 ft. of 1"sq. 16 ga. tubing.

6. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

More?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Don't get me wrong, Jan, I like it. It has a lot of potential. It's just a little too street roddy for me. Those wheels, door handles, and buckets with headrests wud have to go. I wud think that you cud get a better rear than the Lincoln, unless you think you need that for safety's sake. I guess that's a reverse scoop on the hood side. I always thot the Master hood with the three stainless trim pieces not only looked classy, but aesthetically appealing, too. I understand what you did with the Mustang II as those knee action front ends look hideous. I'm assuming when you say "top kit" you mean "cloth insert," but I'm surprised that after chopping the top the roof wasn't filled. I can't remember who, but someone recently was making metal inserts to drop in and weld the seams. They were a bit pricey, but have to be easier than cutting up a '65 Mustang roof to get the crown right. Please keep us apprised of your build. I'm always happy to see another Chevy hot rod taking shape.

Chuck Craig and lothiandon1940 like this.